IGNORED

Need Pictures of 100% Original 1970 240z Engine Compartment

lm71z

Thanks for those pictures. The one thing in my engine compartment that I'm not sure is original is the coil and resistor bracket. The resistor is in a bracket that clips onto the top of the coil. Was that design stock on a late 70?

I noticed the same thing on HLS30-00110, 12/69, the resistor is mounted on the coil bracket. It appears the steel fuel/fume/vapor line and valve(?) are mounted in the place that the resistor is mounted on the 73, below the coil. This makes that fuel/fume/vapor line about 7 inches longer than on the 73.

Bonzi Lon

hey arne, i notices that on the braided top rad hose there's no plastic tie

that holds the temp wire in place, but in the final pic with the new rad hose that tie is present. did u find that or did u always have it. where can i get one?

I bought a replacement hose clip back in 2003 that I have in storage. The part number listed is 18762-H7900. Hope this helps.

not refering to the hose clamp. it's the black plastic (becomes brittle over time) tie that wraps around the rad hose to hold the temp sensor wire from dangling into the fan area. a zip tie will do the job but it's not period correct.

i have mine but when i replaced the temp sensor one ball on the end broke off. never though but i could have superglued it back on, now i can't find it.

not refering to the hose clamp. it's the black plastic (becomes brittle over time) tie that wraps around the rad hose to hold the temp sensor wire from dangling into the fan area. a zip tie will do the job but it's not period correct.

i have mine but when i replaced the temp sensor one ball on the end broke off. never though but i could have superglued it back on, now i can't find it.

Here's a photo of the part I was referring to.

post-2033-14150809856793_thumb.jpg

Here's a photo of the part I was referring to.

Reference from post #17 above picture didn't copy to quote

Kats website shows you the difference between the new ones and the old wire support their is a difference. I could not find the picture today but this is a great site I learn a lot looking thru the restorations. What you have it the later one, but if your not too picky it works great.

http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/

Edited by ajmcforester
ad reference to post #17 that I tryied to quote with picture

If you want 100% original pictures you should go back to period Nissan publications, like brochures and the service manual. Here is the engine bay pic from the 1970 brochure. The car shown is actually an early 1969 production car. The stock resistor bracket mounts at the bottom of the coil, not the top, on 240Zs.

-Mike

post-9102-14150809858133_thumb.jpg