IGNORED

Whats your Z plan for 2010?

stevef1972z

My '78 won't get much attention this year as long as everything keeps working well. What I will work on a lot more is my '74 LeMons Z. It needs struts, bushings, some wiring cleanup, and carb/ignition work. The car ran great early in its first race for a while and then picked up a high RPM miss which kept getting worse and worse throughout the 24 hour race. By the end it was barely running. It free revs cleanly and only struggles under load. It is tough to diagnose since the car isn't street legal, so I can't easily reproduce the problem at home.

I think I'll wash it a time or two.... Then get serious about cleaning up the engine compartment! Maybe if I have the time I will start working on some of the electrical gremlins but for the short term I'm going to drive the wheels off it!

Got my 240Z stripped to the carcass. Body work, paint, rebuilt motor, POR'd suspension, some aluminum buffing. Looks like I need a new axle :surprised:

BTW - Motorsport is out of weatherstrip kits until July. Hopefully no delays past that. Hope to have the car mostly assembled by then.

Weatherstripping all the way around, I want to put on most of the poly bushing kit that's been sitting in my garage untouched, new struts maybe, put together the interior plastics when I buy them again. A good tune-up would be nice, too!

No way I'm driving 2500 each way in the hottest part of the Summer w/o A/C for Zcon. Thinking about MSA in April. Almost went last year, might be able to swing it this year.

i had an uncle tell me one time, if you run a hundred, and crack your windows a little, its just as good as a c.:laugh:

For the 77 I have to get a temp switch to get her back in operation and the 73 is getting an engine overhaul this spring (maybe a cam kit as well). Both will get new seals (already bought sitting in boxes, in the shed).

I have other thoughts but talking takes the place of doing - so I will stop there.

My son and I will continue rust removal on the shell.Floors and supports to be finished in a few weeks then on to the rear quarters.Shell blast on the rotissurie.Then primer and paint.Reassembly to start in the summer.....Sounds perfect.....I know,ain't gonna happen so perfectly.Wish us luck.Roger

My son and I will continue rust removal on the shell.Floors and supports to be finished in a few weeks then on to the rear quarters.Shell blast on the rotissurie.Then primer and paint.Reassembly to start in the summer.....Sounds perfect.....I know' date='ain't gonna happen so perfectly.Wish us luck.Roger[/quote']

Hi Logan, Im also in the process of eliminating rust and repainting my car, I was wondering do you do the body work first then etch prime and epoxy prime it or do you etch prime, epoxy prime and then bodywork?

I was thinking of priming it first and then body work but Ive seen many say otherwise. Regards