IGNORED

Whats your Z plan for 2010?

stevef1972z

Well I have totalled up all the gift cards and cash for Christmas and I am coming up with a plan for the updgrades for the New Year. I am going to get rid of my overheating problems with a new radiator and fan clutch, upgrade the blower motor for more heat, and swap out the points for electronic ignition. I have a few more things to do but they are more involved, replace the sagging springs, redo the original steering wheel and install, and replace all the weather striping and rubber with the parts I gathered through last year. Then drive it a lot more.

What are you plans for the Zed this year?

I have way too many Z plans this year, but I will start off with a small list:

For the 70Z:

I will replace the engine radiator hoses and heater hoses with braided hose when Espirit makes them available. Nothing else will be touched. I will bring the car to the MSA West Coast Nationals and will also try to get it to Nashville for the ZCON. Otherwise, she will nest in her cocoon.

For the 71Z:

The plan is to paint the car Nissan yellow (same color as current 370Z) at the end of Feb or early March. I am planning on spending 4 days stripping the car of almost everything (engine, glass, etc) and taking a rolling chassis to Maaco for the paint job. I then plan to go through the car replating bolts and cleaning parts. Very happy with the interior and the way the car is running. Now just need to make it look pretty.

Will continue to look for a nice 70Z with original engine on Craigslist here in SD to add as another project. You can never have too many projects.

Rich

post-19125-14150809446926_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150809447623_thumb.jpg

For the 70'....

clean her up and continue to use her for a daily driver when it's decent outside.

Maybe a set of new retractable seat belts, as Leah isn't as enthused about the 4 point harness's as she first let on. Maybe a new set of carpets for the front.

For the 74'....

Reskin the roof (thanks Arne)

Finish the body work and get her painted

Dual fan set-up on the new aluminum radiator, new custom grill and bumper set-up with full LED compliment around the car.

Start on the custom interior (install the new carpet, find some new'ish seats, purchase and instal the double din Pioneer DVD/NAV touch-screen deck, 6 speakers in custom made pods and panels, dual 12" Low-profile subs, 1000 watts from 2 amps, etc, etc.

Tires and wheels (Rota RB 17x8's and 17x9's with 245/45's and 265/45's with my ZG Flares.

Finish the doors and other electronic do-dads (Electric windows, door pops (shaved door handles) Hatch pop, full alarm with Maxima Push start, Auto-Meter Ultra lite guages *full cluster*

Anybody got $8K to get me started on the right track?

Dave

I plan on just finishing up the small niggles that remain. I will install my replacement power antenna, refurb my rear brakes and just do general maintenance. I plan to do far more driving this year than in 2009. Lots of long term projects kept me off the road last year. I want to get in at least 3-4 autocrosses and see how bad the miatas beat me in ES.

Maintain, detail and drive. Hopefully, get to Nashville for the convention. I would like to see if I can improve on my 2nd in class at Zcon 09, but I haven't gotten my score sheet yet. Also would like to meet more of these online friends at shows and conventions.

Where to start? I finished the complete front end/brake rebuild in October, have her up on stands and stalled out on completing the rear end/brakes. Once thats finished, repair the small rust issue on the passenger floor board. Finish up the interior with POR15/Dynamat and new carpet. Install the rebuilt seats. Then its onto the body. Strip off everything I can and take it to have it dipped and stripped, sand the rest of the body down to bare metal and do paint and finish it off with new weatherstripping.

Edited by MEZZZ