IGNORED

24 months of intensive restoration, and I'm almost done.

blakt out

This is just plain awesome. I've gone through your posts and replaced your links to youtube with the "embedded" code to allow the videos directly in the forum. This makes it easier to play the video directly in the forum post.

Anyway, you've already received a ton of compliments on this project. But, many of us just love to see projects come together like this. It's a fun way to keep the love of this hobby going... I can't believe the work you've done and I respect a man who likes to do it right the first time. :)

Great job and thanks for inspiring me again. Now that most of my other projects are completed, I'm going to get back into the Z.

Oh, and WELCOME to the Yellow Z Owners Association!! haha

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I do have questions about two things I have noticed. Do you think you will have any problem with the heat of the turbo being so close to the plastic brake fluid reservoirs? Also, with the placement of the air filter, is there going to be enough cold air flow to the intake?

I would love to see this car in person some day. This is a DREAM build.

Pat

• 1 month later...

Pat:

Sorry so long. We worked on the car at Miller Brothers Hot Rod Barn this weekend, and I agree. The heat from the exhaust is too close to those reservoirs. We're putting a heat shield between them. Thanks for the post! The air filter though, it gets a ton of air where it is, oddly enough. We checked it as much as possible each way. But with no airflow (dyno) it still sucks in a ton of air, as evidenced by the dyno chart.

I need to clear something up though, so please read this part, everyone.

I had said earlier that Les (Classic Datsun) was charging me $2400 for my steering wheel. I saw that wheel for the first time this past weekend, and it's amazing. It's going to be one of my favorite parts of the car. It is worth $2400, but he only charged me $400. That's all he ever intended to charge me. I just messed that up, and I wanted to clear it up. I hope that it hasn't been any negative to Les. He's terrific and I really, really have liked working with him. That price is amazing too. Thanks Les!

I should've taken a picture of the wheel. It's not in the car yet, since we're not through with the build. It will likely be the very last thing put in. I don't want to hurt it!

We're looking to be done with the build by April 4th. Fingers are crossed...

Jared, if you like, I could go back through the thread and correct that price in the earlier posts. Won't do it without your permission, though.
Arne that would be wonderful. Whatever you can do to clear this up. I feel like an idiot.
Done.