IGNORED

What Zs belong in Museums

hls30.com

If you had the onlys Z museum and could get any Z, what would you put in the Museum?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the onlys Z museum and could get any Z, what would you put in the Museum?

• 1) Low vin Zs.
    • 2) Zs with an extablished racing heritage.
    • 3) Zs with a confirmable Histrory.
    • 4) Zs that are strictly stock.
    • 5) Unrestored Zs.
    • 6) Highly restored Zs.
    • 7) ZCCA Gold Medalion winners.
    • 8) ZCCA Gold Cup winners.
    • 9) Z Restorations in Progress.
    • 10) Z Modifications in progress.
    • 11) Zs owned by famous people.
    • 12) Zs from TV shows.
    • 13) Zs From Movies.
    • 14) Zs from the highest volume years.
    • 15) Local Daily Drivers.

Here you go http://www.suncoastzcarclub.com/files/Memberz/JimFrederick/240Z_1972_paulnewman/Newman.htm

I agree with sblake01 though, unless a car was personalized specifically for someone by the factory and has documentation of it, it doesn't do much for me.

-Mike

Ouooo...I'ld be careful of that one. Rumor has it that there is NO proof.

Ok,

Here are but six of my choices. It is interesting to see the results of this pole. Generally you guys are going along with accepted collectable car convention. Early models, stock configuration, racing heritage, and some sort of provinance like fame of an owner.

1. The BRE championship car or Ron Carter's but only if he corrects the tail lights.

2. Any low VIN HLS30 in stock configuration (first 100)

3. Mr. K's personal car.

4. ZRush, the most awarded modified Z in the United States.

5. Any stock PS30. This one happens to be PS30-00013

6. Any Vintage Z

post-4148-14150808249618_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150808249961_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150808250197_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150808250658_thumb.jpg

post-4148-1415080825081_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150808251015_thumb.jpg

What about something to represent all the mods done to Zs over the years? The ease of modifications is part of the Z's popularity. V8 swaps and spoilers and air dams have been commonly done. Seems like you'd want a a genuine Scarab in your museum to represent the history of Z mods.

Read the first paragraph in post #16!

Will

I chose Restorations and Modifications. Half of the fun of owning a peice of history, that is worth putting in a Museum, is Working on the Z. Wether it be restoring it or modifying it with new Technologies like Power windows, stereos, seats, body parts (cowl induction hoods-spoilers-air dams-wheels-etc) Killer paint jobs and the list goes on. A creative Z is the work of many man hours, blood, sweat and tears. Not to mention hard work to make the money to put into your Custom car.

Any car can be a peice of art work, when seen thru the eyes of the owner who loves the Said car. A lot of people don't like or appreciate some of the things I've done to my "Little Red Nightmare" because of their purest back ground, and some can't see why other Z owners haven't done the things I've done to mine. To each his own.

Even brand new cars can be improved on and that's why the "Automotive Aftermarket Industry" is one of the largest markets in the world. Look at SEMA for an example. Billions of dollars in business because people want to make their cars "Their Own"

Great Poll.

Dave

I would want whatever Z I could get my hands on... I have been consumed for hours looking at rusted heaps that havent a chance of ever seeing a road again... but you find all sorts of neat things... Early Z's with T-tops was kinda neat, and I have even seen one converted into a pick-up with rust all the way round.. still very intresting to view.

My perfect Z museum would have one stock low vin from each model variation from through out the world, an unrestored #1 and a gold medallion winner (or equivalent) stock version for each major revision within a model in each local, a lightly modified version and a highly modified version(Gold cup winners or equivalent), and a daily driver, a rust bucket(as found), and a wreck of each model-and those that were professionally modified-Scarab, Ttop/convertible conversions. I would also have the cars with a rich/substantial racing history from anywhere in the world included.

The point of my museum would be to show the range of what Datsun/Nissan did and what Z fanatics did with/to their cars so that enthusiasm would have the best chance for developing. The running cars would also be in a parade at least once a month-weather permitting. I see a museum as a place to learn about, and experience something with the opportunity to develop a passion for it.

To me an automotive museum has to have a track and cars to run around it. Obviously not every car in the museum should be run around the track, but the performance level of every running car in the museum should be represented within the collection of cars that are.

At the very least, each model should have an interactive display with the right sounds and controls to experience-even if they are simulated for those who cannot actually drive under the track conditions conditions because of a lack of licensing-drives license/SCCA license, et al.

There would be an interactive garage area to learn about typical maintenance issues and the necessary tools, and the ability to join in on and help in an actual restoration/maintenance service, and there absolutey must be an interactive spindle pin display, a cold beverage dispenser, and above all a Hooters restraunt located in the building for the wingmen! and a daily bikini contest and photo shoot with the patrons and the Hooters Girls.

Will

This sounds like what Heaven must be like!