Mylar logo'd sunshades - Completed

Arne

Here's the final count:  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Here's the final count:

• [b]240-Z[/b]
    • [b]280-Z[/b]
    • [b]DATSUN[/b]

I hear you, Adam. I'll probably drive my 240Z to work either tomorrow or Wednesday. But even for those of us who drive year-around, the wait isn't too bad. I've waited three years so far. A few more weeks won't kill me.

Merry Christmas to all!

Test fitted the second round of paper mock-ups today. The shape is now good and ready for production.

Font shape looks 'right' to my eyes, and is as close as his process will get to the tweaked ones we have been discussing here. There are still some issues with how the letters/numbers follow the lower curve, but that should be fairly simple to correct.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33486&stc=1&d=1261786713

attachment.php?attachmentid=33487&stc=1&d=1261786713

post-8596-14150809386674_thumb.jpg

post-8596-1415080941136_thumb.jpg

I really like the way the DATSUN version fills the width of the banner. My initial thought was that I would end up permanently mounting the 240-Z version on my existing car and save the DATSUN one for a future, perhaps non-240Z project, but now I'm not so sure...

I know what you mean, Adam. I have always been after the 240-Z version, but the DATSUN is growing on me quickly. I may decide to keep the last unreserved DATSUN for myself.

As for moving forward, the manufacturer (Joe) and I are both happy with the shape of the sunshades now, so that is finalized. We discussed the problem of the lettering not following the curve and Joe assures me that the vector graphic process used for the real thing (which is a completely different process than printing the mock-ups) will correct the letter/number placement.

So if we are happy with the font as shown here in post #147, we can proceed to production. If we do that I should be able to begin shipping them out within 10 days or so.

Comments? Thoughts?

They both look good to me.

(But what do I know?)

They look good to me as well, and also to my wife and a non-Z-driving friend who had them on his cars back in the day. (Notably on a rather bad-a$$ thoroughly modified X1/9. The sound of that little runt car's engine right behind your ears with its twin Webers, hot cam and Ansa header/exhaust was absolutely amazing.)

But that's what I'm after here, confirmation that they look "right".