IGNORED

240z seized engine

Tophu530

Hey I've got a 72' 240z. I bought i about a month ago,and i'm currently fixing the engine. It has been siting in a garage for the past two years, and was running before it was put into the garage. Just from sitting, the engine has seized up. Are there easy ways to fix it or should i just take off the head and do some more major work. Any help would be great.

-chris

If you do some searches here you will find many answers to this question. However, the most popular response is to pull the spark plugs and pour (I use an oil squirt gun) some atf (automatic transmission fluid) into the cylinders and let it sit for a couple days, then try to turn the engine over by hand - use a breaker bar with socket on the crank pulley bolt. You may also want to pull the valve cover and pour atf over the camshaft and the valves at the sametime you put it in the cylinders. Good Luck.