IGNORED

Stainless Steel Bumpers for 240Z

geezer

Will, can it be the price is going up if the demands are there, if you look at there homepage, there is some difference in the pricing from car to car and the fabrication time that differs from model to model can't be that much, considering the salery they get in Vietnam.

Steve Allen from 311.org have just mounted a set on his roadster, it looks good, there is a thread with photos about it on 311.org.

Chris

Chris,

Could be, I sent them detailed measured photographs of more than a dozen Roadster and Z parts, and collected NOS examples to ship them, but now the parts are shipped from the UK, and having them ship to more destinations definitely adds cost. Or it could be I was lured in to do their homework...being that nothing was actually made for me.

What ever the case, at least they are available now.

Do we have enough interest for a group buy?

I want a set for my '72-though I have a NOS set for my yet to purchase Low Vin

Will

...Or it could be I was lured in to do their homework...being that nothing was actually made for me...

That's a pretty sorry way to do business if you ask me, and if that were the case, I would definitely never give them any of my money.

Vote with your dollars, folks. Same reason I refuse to buy anything at Wal-Mart

The Harrington Group is obviously monitoring this site, gauging interest in their product. It seems to me thus far that they plan on marketing and shipping from the UK directly to the end user. Two questions come to mind. Could a group purchase be organized and if so at what cost? I would like to see a response posted on this thread or elsewhere on this site, from a representative of this company. Actual pics of the bumpers would be helpful too but I would prefer to have an evaluation from one of our trusted members.

• 9 months later...

Here is a follow up on these stainless bumpers.

After hearing what others had to say about theirs (all good) and seeing the pics, and corresponding with the seller, I did the math. I determined it was much cheaper and effort free on my part to go with the stainless, opposed to re-chroming my originals. This way I got the style I wanted; only new horizontal rubber and no upright guards. I didn't ask but I don't see why they couldn't be ordered plain/rubber free also. Now, I can even recoup some cash if I decide to sell my originals. Delivered to my door, no duties, taxes or additional fees of any kind brought the total cost to $1,085.00 US.

I recieved them after almost a month long wait, attributed to, according to the seller, a dramatic increase in business. They were packaged very well in bubble wrap and some kind of indestructable nylon material that took some careful removal with scissors.

I am very impressed with the quality of these pieces. I have been unable to find a single flaw. They are coated with a two part epoxy on the backside as well. The polishing is done to perfection. Its very difficult to see in a pic. The surfaces are perfectly straight with no wavering whatsoever. They seem to be very strong, and a lot more ridgid than the stock bumpers. Not sure of the weight difference from stock bumpers but it isn't very significant. Don't want to sound like a spokesman for the company, but I feel they are producing a quality product.

Edited by geezer
corrected spelling

The only pic I have seen of one installed is this one below of the front of zedhead260Z's car on Zclub.net. Here are some pics taken by nomad1968 on zcar.com of his and a few of the rubber & mounting from the seller. Yeah, Ive got to get into gear, so many nice new shiny parts to put on my Z.

Awesome looking bumpers... I agree, they aren't too pricey for what you get in the long run. :)

Is this the correct link for the current eBay listing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240Z-240-Z-Bumper-Kit-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea8543ea1QQitemZ200392588961QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Just curious, does anyone know the black bumper/airdam on that red Z?

post-20758-14150810580037_thumb.jpg

Edited by spitz17