IGNORED

mainshaft nut source

preith

just glad to get the nut, cost no object

- that $26 shipping option was the lowest they offered. .... overnite would have been double

we are a captive consumer audience when it comes to obsolete parts

... so it goes 

- (the joys of fixing obsolete old cars)     ("if ya can't afford it, ya shouldn't own it...)

Did you order overnight shipping?  That's a decent company, I'm sure they don't bloat the shipping costs.  The owner's name is Oliver and he's a member of the forum.

That doesn't seem right at all.  It's just a nut, it doesn't weigh much.  Did you talk to them by phone or just order through the web site?  I ordered some window seals by phone and shipping was very reasonable.  I hope they're not going to the dark side.

Anyway, glad you have the part coming and hope it works out.

Sounds like he charged you shipping to Europe. $75 for a rh nut is a lot.

Nissan parts zone still quote it as being available, but that could change when you order it. There is a thread here with a member that ordered the LH thread nut and got a RH nut. Maybe he still has it.

I made a screen shot two years ago (left attachment). They were all available then, but now only the 32354-E9804 is "available" in right attachment.

Chas

post-25317-0-92195800-1420121638_thumb.j

post-25317-0-30084700-1420121656_thumb.j

- just alerting everyone to the simple facts of rebuilding our old boxes

the bearing kit (56mm counter) is available from O'Reilly's - about $150 - BK104 - includes pocket brg, gskts & seals - a great deal - and all japan brgs

npz  - say they are removing the RH nut fom web catalog

meanwhile - i think i have a solution to re-using an old RH nut if that becomes only option - (add a thin shim just in front & that will index it to a different staking spot) - and use red loctite

Z Specialties

1 x Nut (Stake) Mainshaft 77-80 5-speed Non Turbo RH (40115-NPDT) = $49.95

Sub-Total: $49.95
United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 3 lbs total) (UPS Ground): $26.09
Total: $76.04

• 2 weeks later...
Z specialties found the part !!!

QUOTE:  1-15-2015 email

"The box containing all of my new transmission parts was still packed away from my move earlier this year and I've had to do some digging to find it. I finally found it over the weekend and went through it all. I've been looking for it for the last couple of months. My database showed that I only had one nut left and after going through everything I found out that I had 5 so that was more good news. I dropped your order off at the post office today"

p.s - also issued a partial refund on shipping -

1-15-2015:   Z specialties found the part !!!

see post #18 - updated  above -

i re-torqued the old nut to see where it indexed - = exactly the same position where i had to drill out the prior staking - so no joy

today i bought a 3/4 ID flat washer (OD about same as thrust washer) - i will drill it out to fit the shaft - that should let me index the old nut in a stake-able position