IGNORED

Weird Myths or Facts about your Z car

TomoHawk

Theres a resemblance all right - but then again I have to agree with the notion that really all engines have design commonalities that could justify saying that they were based on each other.

Air Intake > Fuel Injection/Carburetion > Compression > Spark > Combustion > Exhaust

The number and position of these things change here and there but an Internal Combustion Engine is an Internal Combustion Engine..

• 1 month later...

I seem to get the "my buddy in high school had one and we hit 160 mph" story quite often. (the myth)

The previous owner who started the original restoration of my Z found, killed and counted 120 black widow spiders who had taken residence in the car.

It's a nice story to share with people after they are buckled in and I am shifting into 5th gear :D (the strange fact)

Edited by bombsquad

I'm sure it probably felt like 160 MPH to the person driving, but we all know the car has neither the power nor the gearing to go that fast. Kids like it when they look in through the window tho.

120 spiders? I wonder how he knew that. I hope he got them all, or at least least "bombed" the car thoroughly to get them. Fortunately, you need certain conditions for them to thrive. I don't keep the windows up in the barn just to keep the dust out!...

My favorite was when I had my Z32 at a car wash and an elderly gentleman complimented me on my new mustang.
Do you suppose we cold get an artist's conception of the Mustang-Z?

Haha!! I remember a really funny pic entitled "Beauty and It's Ugly Bitch" or something like that... I've got a copy of it here, but it's most certainly inappropriate.

I'm sure there are others on this forum who remember that pic! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen that hood scoop myself, but I would not be surprised if a lot of people put them, or something like it, on for "performance purposes" like the so-called ram-air scoops or racing cams.

O-L... Another year, another weird myth! 150+ posts! :bunny:

Bring them on...