IGNORED

BRE at the Mitty in 2010

Ron Carter

I can take a video camera, a portable Mac and we can hook him up live from Atlanta.. He gets a real kick out of video conferences...

That's a great idea but I don't know if any high speed internet is available at Road Atlanta. Presumably you'd need a wireless option. It looks like AT&T may have that area covered in 3G but I don't know for sure.

Adam now owns that car and Les has his work cut out for him to get that car ready in a year for the mitty.

Talked to Gayle and Peter, they have asked me to bring my BRE Replcia Z car out as well. So We will see what can be done. I would like to bring Gerry Mason Sr's roadster out too (my 67.5 2000 is Gerry's first Datsun race car).

So we will see what we can do.

Ron

Really looking forward to seeing your BRE 240Z!

• 10 months later...

How about some updates?

I've purchased my ticket for the Thursday night dinner event where many of the BRE principals are to attend. I'm excited already.

I attended the 1970 Run Offs at Road Atlanta while on mid-tour leave from the Republic of Korea, and then the 1972 race with my new Z car. It still has some Georga Clay up there above the muffler. Rain and mud, Road Atlanta!

Went to the Group 44 reunion/Mitty last year as a tribute to my brother who race a D Production TR4 against the Group 44 & BRE guys and in the late 60's.

Quote: "John Morton didn't pass me twice!" Russ.

Edited by ZCCOR#109