IGNORED

act your age. Wait no... Post your age

five&dime

I see that this post is rather old... but what the hell.. Im 19 and just bought my first car. A 1976 280z. Best decsion i ever made! I love working on it and the whole experience is a lot of fun. I get a lot of help from my dad so thats really nice.. Well take care everyone! Good luck with future cars/projects!!

John

I'm 21, for the third time! When I get in my '70, rev it to 5k and side step the clutch I''m back on the first time around!

Bought my '71 back in '73. Most fun car I ever owned. After the older kids were in college I set out and found my #4884. I drove her home from So Cal to Reno and got a big smile and wink from a young girl. A little rusty and beat up and I've been working on her ever since. I now own 4 Zs and my '77 is almost ready for paint.

post-3849-14150808457966_thumb.jpg

I'm 53.

First Z was a new 1974, 260z (gold)--sold in 78

Second Z was a new 1978, 280z (silver) (5spd)--sold in 86

Third Z is a 1977, 280z (brown #301)(5spd)--bought in 2002 with 29k mi, currently 53k mi

Many moderate upgrades including 260 deg cam, Crane HI-6 ignition, 16" Panasports with Toyo TR1s, rear disc brakes, 2.25" stainless exhaust, Tokico shocks with stock springs, heavier sway bars, new bushings all around

Runs great. I've taken it to the big track at Mosport 5 or 6 times with great success!

post-1821-14150808459207_thumb.jpg

post-1821-14150808466497_thumb.jpg

post-1821-14150808466698_thumb.jpg

Edited by dga

Hmmmm,

Methinks we've been here once before.

With Ken at 76 years young, that puts me in second place at 66, (going on 25).

I bought my "Precious" in 2000. She who must be obeyed spotted her in a used car yard in Brisbane, pointed it out to me and it was love at first sight.

"Precious" had been well looked after by her original owner, (I'm the 2nd owner), so she only needed refreshing. I had her painted in her original #301 and, on my SWMBO'd suggestion, she was given a top coat of Gold Pearl which really makes her glitter in the sunlight.

Fortunately, I've recently found a mechanic who did his apprenticeship on Zeds and worked on them for years, so "Precious" will be given a short rest from dodging angry 4x4's and other jealous drivers while I get some work done on her.

Rick.

:devious::devious:

ZIII.....Is that your 51? I had a friend in Wadley ,Georgia who had a 51, a bearcat and two B-26's. WE used to tease him that all he needed was to find a weak country!!!

How I wish the 51 were mine.... unfortunately not.....

• 3 weeks later...

It asked for a quick reply. Well, this will be way too quick to get into any detail.

I was born 5 days before Pearl Harbor was bombed, you do the math. But that

didn't affect my eventual choice of where my car was manufactured, because in

the meantime I had several cars (VW's and Karmann Ghias mostly) which were

made in Germany and Italy, who were also on the other side in the War and also

the nations of my ancestors.

Eventually in early '71 I totaled my '69 Bug and the prices of VW's just having

gone up dramatically, I had to settle for "one of those cheap Japanese pieces of

tin," which was the reputation at that time. I had in mind for a 1200 hatchback

or a 510 2-door, but when I saw that orange Ferrari-looking car in the left rear

corner of the showroom, I had to have it. Long story short, after great debate

with the salesman, the sales manager, and the owner (in that order), I jumped

over about 20 people who had placed deposits and were on a waiting list. I got

the "leftover" '70 that they were keeping for display. I still have my "cheap Japanese piece of tin" to this day, and it has been anything but.

I have always been interested in low VIN's since a friend of mine had XKE #38

since new. I decided to be alert to opportunities to see how low a VIN Z I could

find, and found a beauty in Aug '73. I then outdid that in Aug '76 and now I have nowhere else to go.

Edited by Kathy & Rick

I was born 5 days before Pearl Harbor was bombed...
An interesting tie in to that rather long winded response is that the attack on Pearl Harbor was referred to as Operation Z, by the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters.

Regardless, that post wasjq6ij4.gif

Edited by sblake01

• 5 weeks later...

I am 19 years young!

Bought my first Z (and my first car) just four shorts months ago. Found my 1976 280z on craigslist, it was love at first sight! I live in southern NH, drove up to Campton NH with a trailer and my younger brother (17) to get the old Fairlady. I look forward to working on this car, and being its owner, for years to come!

Well I am 24, so far i have owned a 75 280z, and most recently a 240z. cars before that included a 88 toyota pickup, 93 bronco, 69 chevy truck. I saw a 280z roll down the street a few years back, and it just looked so beautiful, and then i saw the video of the supercharged lt1 on youtube. I have been hooked since. Other than the z cars, i own a toyota tacoma double cab 4x4, and a mazda six as the grocery getter. parting out the 75, building the 72.

Im 25 yrs. This 72-Z is my fifth car, others were -81 b310 4d (still got it), Cherry(sold, was a piece of $^!#), Volvo 740STW (sold) and Volvo 940STW(daily driver).

Now the "second" generation has started to import more and more Z's. I know many "first" generation dudes who were drooling for Z's in seventies and now we youngsters got their dream cars. Crude.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 25 this year and long story short, I first saw the Ralph Lauren's Ferrari 250GTO in a museum and fell in love. Of course I can't afford it so I looked at the factory five type 65 kit car, still too expensive and was giving up hope. Luckily a friend of mine has a 300zx and brought me to the Z meet in Texas and saw the 240Z and I fell in love. Searched on Craigslist/Ebay/ any car websites you can think of for over a year. Couldn't find a 240Z so I went to look at 280Z. I went to this house with the listing for a 280z and saw a 240Z, 260Z in pieces, and 2 280Z at that place. 280Z couldn't start and since I drove more than 2 hours to look at it, the owner felt bad so I ask if he was selling the 240Z. He agrees after a bit and the rest is history (4 months old and more historic moments to come).

I guess the story wasn't as short as I thought.. sorry fellas