IGNORED

MSA West Coast Nationals 2009 Roll Call!

DeMoore

So how was it? The weekend, the show, the whatever?

It was awesome as always. I didn't see nor recognize anyone from the board, but I've been gone for a while any way.;)

It looked like there were more vendors this year. There were a few 370's entered and a GT-R on display....not sure who drove it in.

I didn't stick around for the awards, but in a nutshell I'll say this; If you've been to the last couple years since it moved, then there ya go.......and that's not a bad thing :)

One thing though.......I couldn't stand the guy with the beat up 280 that had a V8 dropped in it with no hood. The reving was driving me nuts as it's not allowed anyway.

Stiil, a great time to spend a Sunday.

Our member Bobc won the 240Z stock class with his green car. I parked right next to him. I was overshaddowed. Next time I'll remember not to park too close to a potential winner. But actually, for me its is the ability to speak with so many Z enthusists about our cars that makes the experience. And I took my four year old for her first car show. It was the first time she rode in my Z and she loved it.

Best in show was another member here, esprist. Both beauthiful cars. I didn't recogonize any of the other winners being from our club.

But I did get to meet Mike! What a class guy. We are a lucky bunch to have him and his vast skills available to us and for his dedication to this board.

I had an excellent time at the show. It was great to meet Mike and Jason there, as well as all the other Z enthusiasts/purists. I received a lot of good on advice on how to maintain and take care of my 1970 Z.

This was my first ever car show entry. My Z tied for second in the 240Z stock division. I told my parents (The original buyers/owners of the car for 38 years) and they were very happy to hear how everything went.

The park is a beautiful place for the show. We were fortunate to park under some shade trees which was perfect as was the weather.

There were lots of cars to see and not enough time to see them all. Again, the best part was all of the helpful advice and information provided by all the Z owners.

I have some pictures of my car and the first place car next to each other. I will try to post them when I can figure out the best way to do that.

Rich

Once again, a great show, and lots of beautiful cars. Took home 1st in Race Prep, but feel it is a little tainted since I was the only one entered. There were a few other cars that should have been in race prep...like the wide body 240 drag car that was entered and won modified. All in all a great weekend with great friends.

Ha ha ha, Russell, i share your pride. I tied for 3rd in the stock 260 class. There were about 8 cars total.

It was my first time attending any z show. What an awesome experience!

Felt bad for Walter traveling all the way from Georgia, then all the way to the stage for his award, only to be turned away at the last second by a late arrival (guess the other guy had further to travel to get to the stage ROFL ).

I ran into Bobc and talked to him a bit. It is great to hear that his car won the stock class. Unfortunately, that widebody drag car should not have been in modified. It was by no means a "modified" car and was clearly race prepped down to the wheelie bar. No sour grapes from me though.

I found myself parked nearly in the same exact place I was last year down to being in the second row directly behind the red g-nose with the wide-zg flares (again!).

The weather was perfect, certainly much nicer than last year. Bob and I both were of the opinion that there were more 240s there this year than last.

Had a great time, wish the awards went faster and that they would tell what the car is that wins vice just the entry number. The raffle was great, paid $10 and walked off with at Momo T-shirt and a $150 prothane kit so I was happy, would have loved to have won the Carbs. It was great day to get out and see some great cars in a really nice setting. Meeting guys and talking about our cars is always great fun.

Edited by Montezuma

My wife and I got there about 7 am and the weather was a tad chilly. Turned into a beautiful day though. I havent seen the final numbers, but I thought there were fewer entries and fewer vendors. The people who sell the Z clothing like jackets and polo shirts were nowhere to be found. Also, Freeway Datsun was not present, and I think there used to be a vendor who sold toy cars. Nevertheless, had an awesome time. I wish they would enforce the "no revving your car while being displayed" rule, lot of jerks around me in the 280Z section. Also, missed the 510s, did they stop allowing those?

My wife and I got there about 7 am and the weather was a tad chilly. Turned into a beautiful day though. I havent seen the final numbers, but I thought there were fewer entries and fewer vendors. The people who sell the Z clothing like jackets and polo shirts were nowhere to be found. Also, Freeway Datsun was not present, and I think there used to be a vendor who sold toy cars. Nevertheless, had an awesome time. I wish they would enforce the "no revving your car while being displayed" rule, lot of jerks around me in the 280Z section. Also, missed the 510s, did they stop allowing those?

no 510's, no Roadsters. But I am totally there with you about that ONE jerk who was revving his motor. Where's the Z patrol when you need them?!:mad:

Thanks for posting the pics Zlady. They look Great!:classic:

Rich

Really liked your car, great car with a great history. The San Diego Z Club meets next Tuesday at the Denny's on Clairmont Mesa BLVD in the Clairmont Square Mall. I am sure the other club members would really like to see it too.