IGNORED

New 240Z Door Panels 70-73

geezer

I had great luck talking with a guy at Avenue Nissan. I just asked for parts dept. I wish I had saved the guys name. he was able to give me all sorts of info and was extremely nice. He was the one who helped to get the correct part number for the other side I referred to earlier in the thread

The number I called was 416-783-3303 Avenue Nissan in Toronto. Apparantly there are lots in stock in VanCouver

Did some search with the E-Fast software and there is no mention of the color. Also did search on http://carfiche.com and only mention was for Black, Brown, Beige, Dark Brown colors. Nothing on Red.

Just spoke with a Nissan dealer located in Blainville, Quebec which is close to my hometown. There is 7 sets available in Vancouver (British Columbia) and 3 sets in Toronto (Ontario). The part guy at that dealer is searching for all available colors and should call me back with the details.

Price for a set is 425.97$ Canadian dollar (federal and provincial tax and delivery to my home included). I am thinking of buying 2 or 3 sets.

Anyone know if Red is available from Les at Classic Datsun ?

Would also be open to exchange one of the new canadian black set for close to new or new red set.

Did some search with the E-Fast software and there is no mention of the color. Also did search on http://carfiche.com and only mention was for Black, Brown, Beige, Dark Brown colors. Nothing on Red.

Just spoke with a Nissan dealer located in Blainville, Quebec which is close to my hometown. There is 7 sets available in Vancouver (British Columbia) and 3 sets in Toronto (Ontario). The part guy at that dealer is searching for all available colors and should call me back with the details.

Price for a set is 425.97$ Canadian dollar (federal and provincial tax and delivery to my home included). I am thinking of buying 2 or 3 sets.

Would also be open to exchange one of the new canadian black set for close to new or new red set.

I will ask Les....

Yep, that is the same person that did Larry's top notch restoration in this thread http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=32275.

The seat covers are not correct for a 240z. At least one of the door panels is broken, and looks to have some other damage at the top. It looks like he used the blue paint he includes to paint the door panels. Probably the seat covers too, since I don't think they make these later covers in blue. I am sure there are other undisclosed items defects that someone will only discover after the fact.

-Mike

Let us know if they have any other NOS colors available. I have been looking for an NOS driver's door panel for 10+ years.

Marty

Marty, it might be worthwhile asking that question on HybridZ, In the most recent post by poortecher, he says he works for a Nissan dealership and that there are 8 other numbers per side that he is going to look up. He didn't report back yet though. Maybe PM him. At least he could supply you with the part numbers you would need to order from Nissan Canada. Go to the link I left in post #4.

Edited by geezer

Marty, it might be worthwhile asking that question on HybridZ, In the most recent post by poortecher, he says he works for a Nissan dealership and that there are 8 other numbers per side that he is going to look up. He didn't report back yet though. Maybe PM him. At least he could supply you with the part numbers you would need to order from Nissan Canada. Go to the link I left in post #4.

Thanks for the tip Ron. Also I meant to say that I have been looking for "Blue" NOS drivers door panel. If anyone happens to find one for sale, let me know.

Marty

I picked up the door panels today. I got 2 sets, one for me and one for another guy here. There were 3 sets there and the guy said one was going to another dealer in Toronto today.

As mentioned, there are holes in the back on both sides for the pull handle. I asked the guy to check stock, and he said there were 6 left in Vancouver, none this side of the mountains.

The guy I got this time was very interested in it and had some different numbers to call guys directly to check for parts or something. I took a pic

post-7211-14150805962834_thumb.jpg

post-7211-14150805963174_thumb.jpg

post-7211-14150805963418_thumb.jpg

Those are the same panels that MSA has sold before and the ones that people charge twice as much for on ebay. I think they may be left overs from the Z program cars. I got a set from MSA about 2 yrs ago and they said that they had been getting them from Nissan Canada until they ran out and then had to get them from Japan. They didn't have any colors other than black. It seems like they only made a batch of black ones for the program cars, probably to save on costs, because most cars have a black interior, so not much of a demand for the colored panels.

Marty - I have a NOS blue passenger side panel, but not a drivers side side. I was hoping to get a 903 blue car with a blue interior someday, but then I ended up buying #32, which is a 903 blue car with black interior. I wouldn't want to change the interior on such an early car, so I will sell off the blue pieces I collected at some point.

-Mike

I picked up the door panels today. I got 2 sets' date=' one for me and one for another guy here. There were 3 sets there and the guy said one was going to another dealer in Toronto today.

As mentioned, there are holes in the back on both sides for the pull handle. I asked the guy to check stock, and he said there were 6 left in Vancouver, none this side of the mountains.

The guy I got this time was very interested in it and had some different numbers to call guys directly to check for parts or something. I took a pic[/quote']

Just spoke with my Nissan dealership and the 6 left in Vancouver are gone/sold. Apparentely my order was not put in fast enough to grab a pair ! What a bummer....

Anyone knows if the ones sold by Les at Classic Datsun are of equal quality with these ?