IGNORED

New 240Z Door Panels 70-73

geezer

Here's some information that I could have used about 2 months sooner, before I bought my new door panels from a re-seller. Oh well, maybe this will save someone else a few bucks. New door panels are available from the Nissan Parts Dept. here in Canada. According to the post on Hybridz, where I heard this, they are around $200.00 per side. I don't have any particulars and am just passing on a lead if you are in the market for new door panels. Here are the current Nissan part numbers:

H0901 N3300

H0901 E4100

Ron' date=' I assume those part numbers are for BLACK, left and right side?[/quote']

That would be my assumption. I going to look for the post on HybridZ and see if we can't find more info. I will link the thread here when I find it. The post is a few days old and I glossed over it because I'm not looking for door panels, but as an after thought, I was surprized it wasn't relayed here on CZCC.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=143730&highlight=240Z+door+panels

Edited by geezer

Ya sure Ron thanks. Did you just get them? I wonder if they are from a new supplier, slightly different, or just old stock. Why is it that they werent available for so long then all of a sudden theyre available in Canada? Did anyone from the US check down there?

Z

Zak, those are the same questions I have. I bought these before Christmas from Charlie Osborne at ZeddFindings. They were offered by him on Ebay. There were a number of sellers suddenly selling OEM door panels at reduced prices from what was considered the norm. Previous to this the panels that surfaced on Ebay were being called NOS with claims of being leftover from the Vintage Z program. These appear to be new and come in very recent Nissan packaging. They haven't been stored on a shelf somewhere. I think these were recently manufactured and restocked by Nissan and resellers such as Charlie Osborne got the jump on us by keeping their ears a little closer to the ground perhaps. He might be reluctant to share the secrets of his livelyhood, but I suspect he is just better connected and learns of parts availability quicker than us. Here are the pics of the ones I have. That is glue/adhesive you see showing as darkened areas on the backside. The installation clips are in the bag taped to the back. If anyone else can answer these questions, please enlighten us.

Ron... I'd be happy if the ones I ordered look like that. The glue you're talking about looks like surface rust on the metal in the pics. If they are being restocked in new Nissan packaging, then why arent they available in the US? .... or has anyone tried to order them down there?

Ha! I figured the glue would look like rust in the pic, that's why I mentioned it. Trust me...no rust on these. Here's a close up.

Yeah, it looks like all Charlie did was peel off half the barcode/part number label and ship them to me. Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad to have gotten them, even if I had to pay a modest middleman fee.