IGNORED

Removing throttle linkage fromn engine

TomoHawk

I'm going to take this post in a bit different direction since the issue is resolved now. Now that I have it off, what are my options on refreshing the throttle linkage (this applies to all linkage components from the fire wall to the TB)? If I paint it outside of the stand offs, than  I will have hard time putting it back in and the paint will most likely get all scratched. I potentially could paint it after installation to make sure that the two spots where the linkage sits in the standoffs are not pained. I know I could metal coated it to return it to it's original golden color, but I don't know of a local place that could do it and I don't think I want to eat the cost of sending it somewhere else in the country. I'm assuming that if I bring fine sand paper to it and metal polishing paste, it will expose the metal and make it prone to corrosion in the near future, would you agree? 

The intake manifold is a kind of cheap cast aluminium, so it will polish, but eventually oxidize from the heat.  The only ferrous parts are the supports for the fuel injection system.

I think if you just work carefully, you can do it.  You might apply some masking tape to prevent scratches.  I also think you should consider plating the throttle parts as they will rust too.

What is available that you can use as a sealer?  Some kind of high-temperature, satin-finish, clear paint?  Powder-coating isn't appropriate for everything.

A good metal wax is usually a good thing.  It cleans, seals, and protects polished metal surfaces.  My preference is Collinite 850.  Be aware that most "Metal Waxes" are just polishes.

Edited by TomoHawk