IGNORED

California Tornado

sblake01

Speaking of tornados' date=' the town of Windsor, Colorado which is 8 miles east of Fort Collins was hit by a 1 mile wide tornado which destroyed part of the town. It missed us by just a bit...it pulled back up into it's cloud and went on to hit Laramie, Wyoming. It left a 35 mile path of destruction. Scary!

Mike[/quote']

thread here for the colorado tornado.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=30674

Well it seemed pretty clear that Jason felt that the tornado was unusual ("wow") and caused by global warming ("and to think, people still believe that we have no effect on our environment"). That's what I took from his post anyway.

I was just making an attempt to show that just because something is unusual doesn't mean that it is unprecedented and that not everything is the fault of humankind, despite the flagellant propensities of the enviro-crowd.

I don't want to thread jack, but I will add my last 2 cents. Just because something has precedent doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't other factors contributing to recent events, etc. Referencing the information that was posted, 303 tornadoes in 55 years equals roughly 5.5 tornadoes per year. The fact that 2+ tornadoes were spotted in the same place on the same day seems a little more frequent than precedent.

I meant no offense by my post, and I certainly don't feel that any disrespect for my opinion is warranted.

The pictures are cool, the post is fine, and I will admit I'm a little sensitive on this particular subject. I'm just really really tired of hearing how evil we are and how we are destroying the planet. I think AGW has absolutely nothing to do with the tornados pictured, and wanted to point out that they aren't as "rare" as you might think. To connect the two and claim causality is unscientific and misleading, but it is done every day in the news and even more frequently on forums and blogs like this one.

If you look closely, you'll see that the sky isn't falling...

...yo Blake, that's a couple miles down the road from my house. LOL.

I usually get off the freeway there, for some reason didn't that day, hah. (More thunder than I've ever heard here that day) I'm sure if I ever see an 810 on the road somewhere around here it'll be you, so I'll be sure to flag you down :P