IGNORED

Exterior refresh of my red 240Z

Arne

Actually, I have always heard it referred to it as P***y Magnet Yellow :D

I love that color, alternatively described as bright chromium yellow. Much better than the "Babysh*t brown" my 920 Gold has been described as occasionally!

I prefer Safari Gold if you please. :cheeky:

PS- Aren't cats actually color blind? :D

Yeah, I'm actually surprised at how quick it all went down myself. I'll finish reassembling the interior this weekend, which means from the first trim removal for the roof job to totally complete will be exactly 6 weeks to the day. Rather amazing.

The guy that did the paint has done other 240Zs in the past (part of the reason I selected him), and he said he was amazed that he couldn't find any rust anywhere. Said he'd never encountered a truly rust-free 240Z before. Made me feel pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Epilogue - The car has been mostly complete for a little more than a month now. I've been busy with replacing the fence here at the house, so not much Z-related action. But yesterday, with the help of Escanlon and beandip, the original headliner that was salvaged from the yellow roof donor was installed. While that isn't really an exterior part, it was still a part of the exterior refresh, which is now officially complete.

And the final verdict? It is very good, I'm well pleased. No, it's not perfect, nor will it be confused for showroom-new. But the flaws are small and minor, and it looks like what it truly is -- a very nicely maintained, relatively low miles, mostly original and period correct survivor. On the 1-5 scale as Carl has described, I'd humbly call it a very high #3. It'll never make #2 because I drive it too much. (It turned over 65k on the way home yesterday.) But that's exactly what I bought it for, and I'm thrilled with the result.

The biggest downside? It attracts more attention than I expected...

post-8596-14150803868396_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803868646_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803868886_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803869127_thumb.jpg

Dayum...you must love that car to be dropping that kind of money into it...I'm fortunate to have gotten a 280 that was painted less than 6 months before I got it.

Looks great though, looking forward to it's completion photos!