IGNORED

240ZG Flares

Graeme Suckling

Hi Mr C,

I think I have a small write-up with my car photos on the Members cars area, and as far as I remember it tells the story of my car ( or did I do that somewhere else? - can't remember... getting old. ). Anyway, I did not bring it in from Japan myself ( that's the question that everyone asks me ) and I bought it from a guy who spent an absolute fortune on it after buying it as a running resto project. Since then I've spent an awful lot of time, effort and yes money on it - but most people can hardly see what I've been up to. Oh well.

I have another car thats a long-term project ( don't really want to finish it, or I'll have to start something else ) which is a Z432-R replica ( complete with S20 "Twink" ) based on a mid 1970 Fairlady S30 shell. Its the proverbial Frankenstein car at the moment - parts are everywhere.

Importing parts from Japan is like going to the dentist. It hurts and it costs you money. Despite the "close" proximity to Australia ( well, its closer that the USA and UK ) I think you will find that the retail cost in Japan of most items will leave your eyes watering and wondering why the Australian Dollar is so weedy against the mighty Yen.

Don't menton G****z!!

2many, I don't know which fender flares you are talking about as I do not have the link - so I can't comment, sorry.

Alan T.

My 'G' nose is a very used fibreglass replica with the manufactures name of EVA cast into it.

I bought it from an ex work mate some years ago.

I can provide pics if you want, but it is pretty ordinary as we speak.

I have GUESSTIMATED the design of the bonnet hinges to clear the additional nose panel, so we will see if I have guessed right!

The flares I have posted look to me as the best value for money so I may just do it!:love:

My SP310 Fairlady Sports should be arriving tomorrow:love:

I might have to get another job to support my habits!:cry:

I will take some pics of the car and post them tomorrow. :ermm:

My regards to all you Nissan/ Datsun freaks. :D

Hi Graeme,

EVA actually made the "closest" to the genuine Factory G-Nose parts, in that they were I think officially-sanctioned to make them after the supply of genuine parts ran out.

Nissan Japan had the originals made by an outside supplier ( actually a furniture making company, would you believe ) and once the supply of stock had dried up they did not bother getting any more made. Once people with ZGs started to bump into things ( and hence need new nose parts ) they farmed some business out to companies like EVA.

There are some genuine factory-built Fairlady ZGs ( HS30-H ) in Japan that actually have EVA parts on them as a result..........

You can still order the genuine factory hinges from Nissan if you really want a genuine set. I can dig out the part number if you want?

Good luck with your SP310. Sounds like things are pretty busy down there!

Alan T.

check this:

A complete set of JDM fiberglass bolt-on fender flares that I have brought in from Japan. Made for the 240Z, they will also fit the 311 Fairlady, RX-7, and Opel GT. They allow you to run 2" wider rims to get BIG tires under your car. Just position, and mark holes, drill, and install with stainless steel screws, or pop-rivets. Also cleans up appearance if you have to cut out your stock fenders for clearance after lowering. Great for SCCA cars, or that killer street machine. There is some minor scratches, but no major cracks. I accept Paypal, Money Orders, and Cashiers Checks. Payment due within 10 days of close of auction. Send your address via e-mail for shipping costs. Make sure to check out my other auctions ----------------------------------------------------- Too many looking, and they are not gone yet - new LOWER BUY-IT NOW price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1853919841

Here is a pic of the flares I was wondering about. I haven't seen any here in the states that go back on the lower end of the quarter like these before. Most all the ones available in the US are either just the fender lip or quarter panel replacement types. These go from the dog leg area to the rear bumper mount are to make it a smooth transition from the stock body work into the flare.

Anyone know who makes these? I believe the car on Ebay was in Australia.

post-1499-1415079215431_thumb.jpg

• 6 years later...
These go from the dog leg area to the rear bumper mount are to make it a smooth transition from the stock body work into the flare.

Anyone know who makes these? I believe the car on Ebay was in Australia.

Sorry to dig up a very old post, but did anyone ever end up recognising these flares? i am looking for something similar

yeah sorry it was a little old :)

thanks for putting me onto the IMSA style.. led me to the Jim cook racing style which is what i had imagined.. thought they are probably still a little wide.. looking for something between the ZG's and the JCR ones (blended into the body) i only want 9.5" max on the rear wheels

i will keep searching! lucky i have plenty of time!

Does anyone know what kit Eiji has on his orange S30? He has the flares and the G nose. I don't have the pic of his car but I am sure you all know the car I am talking about. He lives here in VA

EDIT:

I sent him an e-mail and he said it was the factory G nose!! Bet that was pricey

Edited by five&dime