IGNORED

Honda Wiper Motor Upgrade for the 240Z

• 1 year later...

Did anyone ever figure out how to install the upgrade into the 73 240z or 260z w/ intermittant wipers and retain the delay feature on the stalk? Either reworking the factory delay box or reworking the harness to retain the delay wiper control from the stalk.

Thanks, Charles

• 1 year later...

Hey Dave, hope this finds you alive and well! I've done your parking light and headlight harness upgrade sucessfully, so I decided to do the Honda wiper motor upgrade. I have it in and it works on High and parks sucessfully. I do not have low speed. My car is the odd ball early '74 260. I also do not have a yellow black coming out of the car harness. I do have two plain blacks and the yellow left over in the car harness. Where did Low speed go?? I'm really pretty happy with the result so far, it will actually wipe the windshield, even dry!!! I also have never heard anybody mention the washer mode. mine works! but it does'nt wipe at the same time the pump runs. (so what!) I can still wash the windshield. If you can figger me out, lete me know! Thanks!!

The Honda wiper motor swap works for 70-72 Z cars because they did not have intermittent wipers. Your 260Z has intermittent wipers. It's not plug and play that I'm aware of. I will look at the circuits, though, and see if I can find a work-around.

Web site has been squirrely for me all day, I tried to reply and it evidently did not register. Anyway, do you think that this will park without a separate relay? Do you think I need to unhook the intermittant relay at the passenger kick panel? I'm not opposed to just trying it, but would like to take the approach that produces the least smoke...Thanks for your intrest. I am done working for today, but will try this later in the week when I get time. I took this opportunity to renew that kick panel area, I had the new cardboard panel, but it is behind the fuse box and relay center, kinda of dog to get out of there for this old man. !!!

I don't have a Honda wiper motor to test with. However, if I am right, you won't need to unhook the intermittent wiper relay (amplifier in the FSM). As long as the 6th wire (blue/white) in the Z harness isn't allowed to touch ground, you should not get any smoke. The park function is listed as coming off of the wiper relay, so that's why I think it should work for the Honda wiper motor as I listed it.

On ebay user azariar has "modified" a wiper motor that he says is 20% faster. I'm curious as to what he has done to this motor to

make it go faster.

Up for bid is a Genuine Datsun Nissan Factory OEM 280Z Windshield Wiper Motor. It is for 1975 through 1978 model year Z Cars. Many people have been asking for a faster Windshield Wiper Motor. We have been able to achieve that goal after 1 1/2 years of development and testing. Our shop has specially modified this motor for faster wiper operation. This Wiper Motor is more than 20% faster than a stock factory wiper motor. Finally enjoy better, safer vision in those heavy rains. It has the ROUND 6 Connector Plug. Wiper Motor Includes a NEW Firewall Grommet for the Wiring. NEW Shaft Nut, and New Shaft Lockwasher. Yellow Zinc Finish is in Stunning Condition. Switches have been Cleaned and Polished. Gear box has been Cleaned and Freshly Lubricated. Entire motor has been Disassembled, Cleaned, Inspected, Serviced, and Assembled. Wiper Motor has been Thoroughly Tested. Works perfect. Very quiet. Wiring and Wire Sheath in Perfect Condition. Entire Wiper Motor is Super Clean. Wiper Motor has had VERY LITTLE USE. Bid with Complete Confidence. Winning bidder is responsible for determining proper application. We can repair your wiper motor. Recent email from clients about our wiper motors - "Thanks for the motor I purchased on E-bay. It works great, and the instructions were very helpful. The motor I got from you makes the wipers work better than at anytime in the last 27 years I have owned the car." "I installed the wiper motor the other day and field tested it last night in a pretty heavy rain. My wipers have never moved so fast. I was really impressed." Recent client feedback about our wiper motors - "Excellent, as Advertised, AAA+++," "Works great, very fast motor," "A+ as advertised and really fast shipping".

Here is the wiring for a 280z using stock delay module:

77' Datsun 280Z __________________ 92' Honda civic wiper motor

---------------------------_________Pin 86 -----blue/white

Yellow/black--------Pin 87A ________ Pin 87-------blue

----------------------------________ pin 30--------Chassis Ground

Blue/red----------------pin 85---------pin 85----------green/black

Black----------------------to------------------black

Blue/yellow----------------to-------------------blue/yellow

Fast, slow speed, intermit. and park all work with this setup. Ill double check this when I get home just to make sure im remembering it correctly, and Ill add a diagram of what is what incase your wiring is different and you have to figure it out,as its easier to figure out a circuit difference than the difference in car make/models. You can also buy a 4 prong relay if its all you can find instead of the 5, just put 280z yellow/blk and civic motor blue on the same 87 prong. Enjoy those bolt in 2001 motors that work with all settings and stock windshield wiper stalk control hehehehe AWESOME.

,Ryan

Here is a wiring diagram from a 92 Civic FSM. Maybe this will light things up a bit.post-9867-14150820706325_thumb.jpg

Well, as i said the 74 harness does not have the yellow black wire..I do have one solid yellow and two plain blacks left off.. I'm going to try SteveJ's wiring now, but I'm thinking that the relay mounted on the side of the old Datsun motor is the park relay..if it is then there will be no parkee. Let you know in about an hour. If it makes you feel better I have two industrial fire extinguishers in the shop!!

• Mike featured this topic