IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Today I did try some adjustments like Patcon advised  me, and I came to OK for the gap. Still need some work but I can’t do it better at the moment. 
The most effective thing of today’s work was took off the rubber seal of the cowl top, it gives some room to sit lower than before. I need an alternative thin rubber sealing for it, I am going to shop now at a local store with my blue Z.

Kats

7A3DF65C-8379-4B0F-8DD7-7193DCC3C221.jpeg

F8D7A070-2E38-48AE-8BC4-D4A9F40C1B43.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

It looks great Kats!

I'd be surprised if you could make it much better than that

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

It looks great Kats!

I'd be surprised if you could make it much better than that

I agree that it looks like it should with the correct original fitting gaps.  But,

just looking at the male latch on the hood, if the hood center is high, would

it be possible to screw the male latch catch further into the hood so it would 

seat lower in the female latch catch on the firewall?

probably all wet, but just asking.

• Like 1

I've never tried that but that is likely why the design has the adjust-ability it does and the lock nut.

Good thought

It will probably make it a little tougher to latch and the release cable needs to operate well with the extra tension on the hood

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 2:16 PM, kats said:

Takeuchi san took of the glove box , and put it on the new dashboard. I checked it but I can’t find any white chalk markings.

When I inspected HS30 00004 it also didn't have any chalk markings on it. I was a bit disappointed. But maybe special production cars didn't get them?

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 2:16 PM, kats said:

I have been sourcing sports option parts for my Z432. Pistons and other engine parts as well as tachometer, seats , steering wheel , etc. Some of them were hand crafted to replicate using a genuine parts as a donor. Put the parts for track , remove them for daily use . 

I've got the same addiction. I just noticed however your black Ura Mach Wheel has a transparent looking horn button?

I recently won a horn button for my black Ura Mach Wheel on Yahoo! auctions but it has a black horn button.

Did the black wheels get transparent buttons?

Also do you know anyone selling the hub adaptors for these wheels? I recall I found a website in Japan ages ago selling parts for these wheels, but I think they said they had stopped production..

IMG20221218131936.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 8:45 AM, kats said:

Thanks Gavin, HS30 blue on blue is very rare as your observation. How about other color combinations? Green with Tan , white with red , etc . 
Buy the way , my understanding is up to August 1973 , lime yellow, green metallic and brown metallic are only for export market . Is this applicable for HS30 territory?

Grand Prix Maroon is only for Fairlady Z series. Oh , Universal blue ‘903’ was not available for Fairlady Z series .

I thought I replied to this, but can't see it now.

Yes HS30s came in those export colours you mentioned.

I'm surprised to learn that Universal Blue was not on Fairlady Z series. What about Fairlady 240Z-L? I am sure I've seen them in the darker 903?

Is this car the later blue? Different lighting makes it look dark. But I'm guessing it's not 903 and actually 115 metallic blue?

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/39457-blue-paint-code-please-help-me-find-this-color/

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 8:24 AM, AZ-240z said:

I agree that it looks like it should with the correct original fitting gaps.  But,

just looking at the male latch on the hood, if the hood center is high, would

it be possible to screw the male latch catch further into the hood so it would 

seat lower in the female latch catch on the firewall?

probably all wet, but just asking.

Thanks Bart, Jason240z, Patcon and Dan. 

I found the FRP bonnet has thicker edge than steel one (A ) and also the male catch positioned quite closer to the female catch bracket (B).

(A) was solved by replacing a seal rubber to thinner one.

(B) was solved by tightening the male catch as much as the bonnet can stay locked and sit same hight to the cowl top panel. I needed to take off a black plastic spacer for full travel of the male catch.

I also enlarged two holes of the male catch just a little bit to achieve more slide to the right. This solved uneven gap on left and right between the inspection lid and the bonnet.

I really appreciate all of your help, now I am happy with this look and it is fun to steer the wheel much lighter than before.

Kats

648CF05A-7194-4B3C-A783-ED55273B830F.jpeg

6B29FCF6-8B4A-4114-943D-3E4EAD199D93.jpeg

C0E50655-9CAC-47E0-9FE1-3F9D094D25DF.jpeg

D7935A60-A7DA-4E44-9366-81B3282F0112.jpeg

072D6A80-442C-449C-8E48-A49D1ED7F7DC.jpeg

E77312EC-EFCF-47C9-937C-C9C886C6572D.jpeg

28E704B4-3A96-4C09-857E-B170294EFF41.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 4