IGNORED

Z-Focused shop in Midwest?

derk

I guess I will end this thread with some more pics of the finished car-or atleast as I was finished with it. Jim has probably more money in this car then what he had planned. There is probably 8k$ in it now. Then if you figure interior and engine rebuild, I can see why the resto shops want so much to restore a car. At least the rest of stuff he can do and keep it on the road. So if anyone is looking for a "shop" in the midwest, drop me a line, I might be interested in helping you out. My car goes to the paint shop this winter so I will be itching to do something this winter. I would also like to thank all the CZCC members for their help on these forums-what did we do before the internet:D

post-7622-14150805542703_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150805543255_thumb.jpg

post-7622-1415080554371_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150805544247_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150805544687_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm glad to hear some more from the Midwest guys. I would love to think I would have time to do this as a full time thing, but I don't think it would pay the bills. I have a good friend that helps me ,and is the painter, and we both hope we can continue to do this for enough years to support our car hobbies. I would prefer to always do the Z cars because they are SMALL ,and fit in my garage nicely, and I am really getting to know my way around the 30 series. I will work on about anything though. I worked on a 1969 911e early this year, that was a sweet little car. I might have a 1971 dodge demon coming to thee garage shortly also.(big and ugly according to the wifeLOL) Actually there seems to be work then time right now, I better get my car done soon or it will be constantly on the back burner .

Hi Steve:

Thanks for publishing the full story - that is a huge amount of work for a very small price. I'm sure the owner is tickled pink.

A review of your process, will also give others a good idea of what all is involved, or what they can exect to encounter.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Im in Cincinnati, Anderson Township area, nice to see another local on here Greg. I've only run across one other Z in the past year or so, we ought to start a local Z club! LOL

Would be fun! I know there are some fabulous cars around here but I never see them. I've seen 1 240z here in a BRE paint scheme years ago... Was beautiful! Never saw it again though... perhaps passing through...

We should get together sometime and BS...

I'm sure he thought that Carl. In fact his comment when he saw the car after being painted was something like" I didn't think it would turn out this nice". She was pretty rough when it came to us ,and the owner hadn't seen the car in a year and a half so I think he was pleasantly suprised. I am really getting an appreciation for the folks that do the full blown restos, it is almost beyond description in a thread, it has to be experienced. It will probably be 5 years when I get mine done and it won't even be show quality.

Would be fun! I know there are some fabulous cars around here but I never see them. I've seen 1 240z here in a BRE paint scheme years ago... Was beautiful! Never saw it again though... perhaps passing through...

We should get together sometime and BS...

That wsa probably the same one I saw about 1-1/2 years ago. It was actually on the back of a car carrier, it was coming towards me and I only got a glance of it as it drove by.

I tried to turn around and catch up to it :) Traffic was too heavy and I lost track of it.

Anyway, yes, we should get together and b.s. for a bit. I wil leave my # in a p.m. to you.

I have a guy from work that bought a TR6 about the same time I got my Z. He hooked up with a bunch of locals that belong to a club called the 6 pack club. They get together and help each other out on occasion, working on their various cars. I thought, how cool that would be to have something like that but it doesnt seem like there are alot of Z's around here. They all rusted away 25 years ago :)

Cool! we saw the same Z! I've heard of the 6-pack club but I can't remember how... Perhaps at the vintage race at Mid-Ohio? Who knows... :confused:

There was a gorgeous early 280z a few doors down from me. A few months ago she put it for sale... It was an all original, one owner Z! I wanted that car so bad as it was pristine, but the price was way too high. When the price was right for me, it was gone.... I'm trying to track down the new owner and get them to join CZC. So, I know of possibly 3 in the Cincinnati area....

I PM'ed my number as well.

Edited by gregs240z