IGNORED

2007 Z National Convention (ZCON) Info

westpak

Gus,

I believe that Chris meant to point out there are no "stock" 350Zs in the show. Daily driver requires you to have at least 75k on the odometer. I have a funny feeling that your 350 isn't stock ;) Of couse, with no other cars in the class, even with all the deductions for not being stock, you would still win!

Jim

LOL yeah I think most of the body and some of the interior is still stock :)

Where will people that registered for the event but not signed up for any of the shows park? including guests that also have a Z? I signed up for mine with registration and people's choice and signed up a guest to bring second Z but not signed up for shows, not show worthy.

I'm not really tied into all the planning for the show. I'm only relaying what I hear about the plans. Parking for "spectators" like myself will be next to the garages. I think the entrance is through the East tunnel and only people with trailers and such will come through the West tunnel. You must remember that the speedway is imense and once you get inside you turn right and drive down to the garage area. I would imagine there will be signs or people directing traffic. Yea, a 350Z must have lots of miles to be a daily driver.

Gus,

Daily driver requires you to have at least 75k on the odometer. ...

Jim

Yikes, I guess I better not install that NOS speedo (No miles on the clock)in my 240Z...ROFL

Mike, I am going to take as many pictires as I can, I signed up to be a judge as well, and I have a car entered, so it may be a serious juggling act(I'll do my best to hold the camera still though!)!

Will

Mike,

Past conventions have had a photographer on hire and they sold a Cd of photographs of the weeks' events. I don't know what the Daytona group has planned. I will be there for the first few days and plan to take pictures. I'll be sure to see they get posted.

Looking over the entry list, the stock 240Z class has 8 entries including Bob Speights and Charlie Osborne. Frank Rigiel has entered his '81 280ZX turbo, one of three. I'm really looking forward to the battle warming up for the Gold Medallion. Should be quite the show

post-4148-141508012037_thumb.jpg

Now only 2 weeks left, get cracking!!!!!

Also:

Don’t miss your chance to own a collector’s dream-come-true! Nissan North America, in support of the 20th Anniversary ZCCA International Z car Convention, has donated a 2007 Nissan NISMO Z to be auctioned off to benefit Special Olympics Florida. The car is serial number 0001 of this limited production vehicle and the passenger-side sun visor is signed by “Mr. K” – Yutaka Katayama – the "father" of the Z car.

This auction is exclusive to those attending the 20th Anniversary ZCCA International Z car Convention in Daytona Beach, October 1-5. For more information on the convention or to register, visit www.flza.com.

Convention attendees can register and submit their silent bids at the convention registration center beginning Monday, October 1. Silent bids will be accepted throughout the convention, so check back often! The week-long silent bidding will transform into a live auction during the convention’s closing banquet on Friday, October 5 at the Daytona Beach Hilton, where the winner will be determined.

This auction is made possible by through the generosity of the Florida Z Association who are continued supporters of Special Olympics Florida!

nismo.jpg

Well, it appears the powers that be in the universe want me to head to Daytona in a Volvo. I laid out my hood, and several other bady panels Wednesday evening to sand and polish them tonight. Upon returning from work I find my pole barn (a portable unit from Harbor Freight) gone. I can see-or rather can't see-the roof from the front and side yards as I drive up. So in disbelief, I head through the dark house(no power) to the back yard. No hood, no headlight buckets, no front valences, a missing spook, and a broken front glass everything else soaked through and through. I have been wandering the neighborhood, and have found several things, and picked up my mess from neighbors yards, but have found none of the sheet metal. I have replacements on hand for most of it, but no time to do the panel prep and repaint the car-dark blue metal flake doesn't show well on a car(at least not with my technique) if not painted together.

My power was also smacked, I have three phase to the garage, and the high leg shorted to one of the other legs, smokeing several batterys and chargers, and my compressor motor.

No one was hurt-and no other damage, but I will be in a Volvo with no trailer in tow for Daytona.

Will

I'm shocked Will! What happened? Was it a tornado, storm, what? I haven't seen the news or heard of anything happening down your way. I have been quietly pulling for you to get the car ready in time, and am in disbelief. The most important thing is, no one was hurt. I am so sorry to hear this, but glad everyone is OK.