IGNORED

I baught the car from a real IPO! Idoiot Previous Owner!

BuDavid

Mohammed;

The previous owner of your car may also be a victim of what he's been told.

If he wasn't a mechanic type and only drove and enjoyed the car, it may be that he took it to his mechanic, got told that certain parts were replaced when in fact they were not. He paid the bill, the car seemed to run better and in his mind it had new parts....when in fact it may have been something completely different that was causing the problem.

I recall a scam many years ago where they purportedly could adjust the camber/caster angles of cars with a McPherson strut (which the Z has) and people did indeed go in and have their McPherson Camber/Caster angles re-set. Since those angles are part of the geometry of the system, and not adjustable without modification, it was just a scam to charge people money and bring them in so that something ELSE could be found "wrong" and then fixed.

Lastly, as far as CORRECT maintenance is concerned, there are many people who don't understand their vehicles or the systems within to understand why it isn't a good idea to change only ONE wheel's brake pads. Heck, they're liable to look at the brake pads in a caliper and decide that they could get away with only ONE because either the inner or the outer still had some "meat" left on it.

These people are deluding themselves into believing that they HAVE maintained their vehicle, and there isn't anything to be gained by replacing the other side.

Unfortunately, there are examples that support their theory. After all, after getting a flat tire due to a nail you don't replace all four tires, do you? But you'd be surprised at the number of people that will STILL only replace ONE tire when that one shows no tread while the others are showing ...a hazy outline of tread.

So, don't fret about your IPO. If anything be glad the car is still repairable and it is in good hands .... YOURS.

E

Well hello gentlemen, I am agemeansnothing's sis in-law and when ian told me about this thread i had to make a comment...I dont know if Ian has mentioned in here before there is a huge lack of interest in Z's around here where we live... And it's sad to see some of the things ppl do.. I have a 71 240z that i was going to restore at first glance it seemed like a ground up restore which was fine because we are both taking auto body in college. But as we started checking into after we brought it home 4 of the pillars were rotting, the floor boards were made out of fiber-glass and bondo, major cancer all over, and the thing that made Rich and I cringe was when we looked in the engine compartment and saw that in a previous wreck the frame had crumpled and someone welded and metal plate to fix it... Then later in a second front end wreck it actual crumpled the frame again...( Second one was hitting a telephone poll) ... :( Sad to say she is now a parts car for the new one i just got...... As for IPO's I guess when you don't understand what you have at the time... You have no desire to take care of it.....

EScanlon, I guss you didn't mension that the previous owner in fact WAS mechanically involved in the car.. claiming that he was buying all brand new stuff and MSA hotties! and the surprize is, well I consider it jocke, I remember that he told me a total bullshit, that the whole spring+shocks assembly is from LOL while it was a hi-school boys job lowering by heat and cutting AND I guess fixing the hight again due to cutting more than required by putting spacers under the springs!

so yes, I blame him, coz he is the type who say "that sound is caused by this, it have to be replaced"!

but, from now, I'm starting to change parts by full kits, I wont trust any old job in this car..

but anyway, thank you for the encouragement..

Proudmomofa240z, do you want to hear something sad about Z's toturing?

people in a neighbour country love Z's not for thier classic look, nor reliability and enjoyable driving, but they buy a tip tip Z car to drift on it.. drift until the rear tires are GONE and they show off by burning the beutifull aluminum wheels..

others buy a very neat rust-free Z car, and start cutting, welding the engine bay several times to change many engines for Drag race purposes, why dont they buy one which was allready used for race? those cars are getting less and less.. I'm afraid of selling my car and I'll get stuck looking for a nother one!

in fact, a clean 240Z (which I mean a real clean, from to and bottom) is really hard to find arround here, they are so rare and don't worth he asked prices!

I bet the situation in the US is much better, good owners are much over there unlike here.. if I would like to own a nother Z, I would like to have a virgin Z untoched from anybody here:)

it is not a compliment, it is a fact..

• 1 year later...

Seriously folks, please consider your words (misspelled or not) before posting. What does anyone gain from calling another and idiot? Or anything else.

I also hope that we, as having a common interest (of fabulous proportions), could cut each other some slack.

Lsalty, ins't it fnuny how we can raed evyrtihng jmubled up, so lnog as the frsit and lsat lterters are in pclae?

al

Seriously folks... just ask yourself; "who the hell am I to be telling others what they should or should not say, let alone how to say it?".

I'm sick and tired of the "PC" police, feel free to speak for yourself and in your own way.

If I want a sermon I'll go to church. If you want to give one you know where I'll tell you to go.

Carl B.

Well Al, since you were in the AF, you obviously do know about the acronym arse-U-ME.

Political correctness does have its place, and if you've perused other forums you'll find that this site is by far one of the most "correct" with respect to flaming, and other degrading modes of text communication.

That being said, let's just touch on a few things that in your short tenure here you may not know:

BuDavid is posting in English which is not his native language. He's posting from Bahrain. That the language is is different from English is obvious. There are numerous other countries represented here and there will always be a few words or expressions that may not translate into English as "politically correct" as you may like.

Heck, we sometimes have a tiff or two between other English speaking and writing individuals. What is it they say about England and the U.S. of A.? Two countries separated by a common language. I'm sure the Aussies, the Ozzies, and other English speaking members will point out other differences. In the meantime, using an Australian expression....Keep your Pecker Up! (It means keep your chin up!)

Here on this forum, we use the term IPO to refer to a prior owner who did "repairs" or "modifications" without a lick of sense behind them, hence the term Idiot. It may not be "politically correct", but I don't think you're going to get much support for the "P.C." point of view.

Heck, we have a Boobs thread and a Camel-Toe thread.

The majority here like it this way. I don't foresee this changing anytime soon.

PC may not be one of our credo's, but we don't tolerate stealing, dishonesty or other forms of social antagonistic behaviour. I think we'd rather be Morally Correct than Politically Correct.

Wait a bit before you start pontificating to the faithful.

"Don't praggle us boy, we'll quang you proper!" - Lazarus Long

FWIW

E

Perhaps I’m old and tired but I think that the chances of finding out what’s actually going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is say hang the sense of it and keep yourself busy. I’d much rather be happy than right any day. (And' date=' are you?) Ah, no, ha-ha, well that’s where it all falls down, of course.[/quote']Maybe it doesn't really apply but I so seldom get a chance to use that quote:cheeky:

BuDavid, how is the Z doing? What have you done so far? Any pics of the car and what you have done?

E, about the replacing one tire with no thread left, well, all my tires have a haze of thread left, so I guess they're good??? :P j/k I need to find a good used set soon before I find myself in some serious trouble soon...