IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

I recently rented "Grand Prix" on DVD. I obviously did not expect to see any z cars since the movie takes place in 1966. However, on disk 2 there are bonus features about the making of the movie. There is an interview with Bob Bondurant and he's sitting in front of a 240z!

In the movie Slapshot, there is a scene where the team is sitting aroung drinking, in the afternoon, at the local bar. Some of the guys are watching a soap opera on T.V. in the bar and in the soap opera, one of the characters mentions that some evil broad sold her boyfriends' 260Z (apparantly without his knowledge or permission.)

He said "but that was my....car" The funny part is he was wearing a straight jacket when he said it. And if you are a true Z freak you know that Slap Shot is a Paul Newman classic and we know how Paul felt about Z-cars, RIP Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480687/>Hall Pass</a> last night. It was marginally entertaining, but there wasn't much to choose from at the local Kiosk that I hadn't already viewed. Near the end when Owen Wilson is leaving a party to tend to an injured wife, a DJ in the movie who is out for revenge hops into a what looks like a blue '72 240z with white interior. You don't quite see the whole car, but enough obviously. The car is only seen for a few seconds and that's it.

Edited by warcmalla

In a movie called Dreamscape (one of my fav's) there was a Z car. I was watching it a few months ago, and for the first time I saw a z go driving by. I was like..wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhatt....rewind that for a second.

If you have netflix, you can stream it. Its towards the beginning of the movie after Dennis Quaid is running away from some thugs....and there the Z car goes driving right thru the middle of the movie screen. nice!

In a movie called Dreamscape (one of my fav's) there was a Z car. I was watching it a few months ago, and for the first time I saw a z go driving by. I was like..wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhatt....rewind that for a second.

If you have netflix, you can stream it. Its towards the beginning of the movie after Dennis Quaid is running away from some thugs....and there the Z car goes driving right thru the middle of the movie screen. nice!

The picture below was taken from Dreamscape. Is this the 280Z you were referring to?

post-6600-14150815662539_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Dunno if someone has already said this but i found a old TV movie called Death Car on the freeway and the main character drives a 240Z. You can watch the whole movie on Youtube. There is lot of old Japs in this film.

Here is the final (7/7) part

• Like 1