cheap mods - Hybrid & Aftermarket - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

cheap mods

Featured Replies

hey,

does anybody know any good cheap things I can do to make my car go faster?

if so, please respond.

The cheapest thing I've found is a very steep hill.ROFL

Sorry...I just had too....it's Friday after all.

Too many things to list to make it go faster an they all cost $. So you need to figure out how much your pocket can take and then go from there.:sleepy:

Probably the best thing i did was buy the Just SU carbs video from ZTHerapy along with a Unisyn flow meter. SU's that aren't flowing together will never work right, total cost 50 bucks. The first and best mod i did to my (totaly stock at the time) 240 was to toss the restrictive exhaust and manifold, and put on some headers and 2.5 in exhaust system. The sound difference alone is worth it. Actual power increase probably about 10-15 hp if your lucky, cost 300+. A crane electronic ignition which replaces the points in the distributor for an LED system, made a world of difference too, cost 120. The most over looked mod on the whole car IMOP is the plugs. Put the wrong plugs on your car and it will run like crap, robbing you of power and fuel, i use NGK's.

  • Author

cool guys,

I already have exhaust,

and a k&n filter, and tuned carbs, but I think I might check out the electronic egnition. thanks a lot guys.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

what brand name electronic ignition do you have, and a part number would be helpful too

thanks a lot

The ignition is made by Crane and it is an XR-700. MSA has a few different models to choose from # 800-633-6331.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.