IGNORED

Sport Z Mag. Closing Down

jmark

SportZ,

I just went to the old site and all links indicate that it's closing up. What I was looking for is if there are any back issues available for purchase? Please let me know ASAP as I'm certain that things will be moving very quickly at this point as far as people moving and office space being vacated etc.

Dammit, you beat me again!

Will

You tell them Chris, the Z community is large because of the newer models, and deep because of the S30.

SportZMagazine or RAZ1 -

Please give us a description of the anticipated content of the new Nissan Sport magazine. From the name it obviously will focus on Nissan sports cars. That could mean many things. Would I be correct in assuming this will include the SX line, the "sporty" Sentras, Skylines, and possibly even vintage sports including Roadsters and race/souped up 510's and the like? (and of course the Z lineage obviously) What about performance SUVs (Xterra maybe I don't know)? And we won't see reviews for the 2007 Maxima and crap like that right? Will it also include ricer Altimas with coffee can exhaust pipes? A quick glance at the newstands will show that there's already plenty of that to go around. Anyway I would be much more interested in subscribing if you plan a fair amount of coverage of the vintage/classic Datsun sports cars, z cars and otherwise. Thanks

Michael

Perhaps the honorable thing for Sport Z Magazine to do is to refund the unpublished prorated subscription fee to each subscriber and allow the subscriber the privilege to decide what magazines he/she prefers to patronize. I am certain an ethical person does not want to feel that they are stealing money from people who purchased a 1,2 or 3 year subscription.

Keith

Sport Z is no more, get over it. Your choices are take the new magazine's offer, or take nothing. If they had the money to refund your subscription, they would probably still be in business. I don't consider it stealing, if in good faith, they took your subscription money and tried to make the magazine work, but in all of their best efforts, it failed.

I'm just glad the new magazine is honoring our subscriptions, its more than any other out of business magazine has offered.

Sorry to read of the demise of Sport Z magazine, but I wish Art and company the best of luck with their new venture. I look forward to seeing what Nissan Sport is all about. Guess I'll have to squirrel away my copies of Sport Z with the previous ZCar magazine version and hope my wife doesn't find the stash...

GWGarrard

Sport Z is no more, get over it. Your choices are take the new magazine's offer, or take nothing. If they had the money to refund your subscription, they would probably still be in business. I don't consider it stealing, if in good faith, they took your subscription money and tried to make the magazine work, but in all of their best efforts, it failed.

I'm just glad the new magazine is honoring our subscriptions, its more than any other out of business magazine has offered.

I agree. I am not just glad, I am extremely thankful that Nissan Sport is willing to go the extra mile and honor the subscriptions. I work in retail and while one business is going under another is stepping up and taking care of customers. (not even their customers) They didn't have to, They are. THANK YOU!!!

Maybe I am biased but I always thought the Nissan crowd (us) was not a very good target audience for a "paper" magazine. I think we are better targetted to more leading edge media like cyberspace. We have excellent resources on the internet, and most of what a magazine rack could/would offer can be found elsewhere.

I always considered early Datsun collectors to be years ahead of their time...

whereas the chevy/ford group haven't or can't access the type page we are on right now.

Hi Michael, yes we plan to cover the SX line, Sentras, Skylines, Roadsters and 510's.

The funny thing is, when we first started SZM, I tried to get the roadster and 510 crowd into the magazine. I called writers, contacted websites asking people if they were interested in writing articles for these cars. And to my surprise they all said no thank you and good luck. My goal was always to bring in the older Datsun cars, but it was hard to do without the support of the community.

We want to do it now because we think it's the right thing to do. if you think the Z community is small, the 510 and Roadster crowd is microscopic in comparison. But that's not a reason not to include them in the new magazine.

Montezuma, that's the great thing about living in to good old US of A. You have the right to vote on it. If a club doesn't want to be a member that is ok with us. We never try to force any club to do something they don't want to. I will contact a club once or twice to see if they are intrested, after that they will never have to worry about me hounding them. if I were at your meetings I would have said don't join even if one person was against it. This program is a support issue.

But there is one thing I don't like and that is a double standard. A club (and I belong to one) has no problem taking membership dues from a member they wouldn't know if they were standing in front of them every year when it comes time for renewal. Chances are a certain few have never been to an event or meeting but the club is willing to take their money and spend it anyway they see fit. So that to me is more about taking money from someone and offering nothing in return. I'm getting off subject. This is an issue that bothers me with or without a magazine.

Montezuma, that's the great thing about living in to good old US of A. You have the right to vote on it. If a club doesn't want to be a member that is ok with us. We never try to force any club to do something they don't want to. I will contact a club once or twice to see if they are intrested, after that they will never have to worry about me hounding them. if I were at your meetings I would have said don't join even if one person was against it. This program is a support issue.

I for one was "FOR" the idea, I love...errrr....loved the magazine, I actually looked forward to its arrival and was hoping for a monthly vice bi-monthly, I can honestly say I did not see the demise coming. I would read it cover to cover, sometimes over and over. I own a G35 Coupe 6MT, 78 and 73Z and a Sentra SE-R the magazine was a perfect fit for me. I will miss it. I can tell you this; our club was one guy away from being on board, the one guy is very knowledgeable in the by-laws and would not budge, add the fact that the Prez is a "say it like it is" New Yorker the meeting got a little uncomfortable. The end of Sport Z is very sad news, I however do look forward to the effort of the next magazine and I for one will subscribe. My compliments to the Editor.

But since we live in america we have more choices then to just "deal with it" Sport Z could be sued for breeching their contract to us, becouse we paid for their service and they stopped prividing.

First off, sorry to hear about this. While not a subscriber, I admired what you tried to do. I always thought the Z thing was too much of a niche to support an ongoing mag, but you withstood 5+ years, that's commendable.

Ok, now to my selfish part - the summer version was supposed to have the pic of my wife/car from the "Best Pose" contest - I placed an order for the summer issue (hasn't been received yet). Can I get a confirmation that 1) I'll receive the issue and 2) I get my 2 minutes of fame?

As I said, I am being purely selfish, so withhold flames. I really only ordered this issue to see my wife/car picture...If it's in there, I'll purchase 10 more.

rdefabri, your wife and car will be in the Fall issue of Nissan Sport. But I did tell you that it might be hard for us to publish the picture that won.You told me that you would send some more pictures, but I never recieved any. You still have time. I will show the winning image to the rest of the team here and they can vote whether the image stays or goes. Because there is no Summer issue of SZM, all articles moved to the Fall. No matter what, the article on the contest will be in there even if it's not the exact image that won.

Hey guys, first of all, please note that Sport Z Mag is NOT shutting down. They are simply changing some things. That kind of thing happens in life.

Next point... I HIGHLY suggest that Sport Z Mag considers releasing the Summer issue as their "Last Issue as Sport Z Magazine"... There are a lot of people counting on the issue and we were looking forward to seeing the best pose winner in all her glory. Make the last issue go out with a BANG!

-- Mike