IGNORED

fast cars???

CRrider1988

Hi CR,

If really gottaa go 200 MPH, and $$ is an issue. Cheapest way would be to buy one of the high end bullet bikes. Will be dangerous, even with superior physical coordination....but couple of bikes get real close stock, with a small shot of nitrous, should be easy. Obtain your goal, count your blessings, sell the bike to get back most of the investment, come back to reality and enjoy telling the story to your grand kids of going soo fast back in 2006.

I wouldn't recommend it but if you have the urge, its hard to ignore.

david

CRrider98,

So, .... you want to drive a car at 200mph, (not kph), before you're 30.

Police and paramedics have had to scrape young fools off the road after creaming themselves and others at far less speeds.

I think you've probably spent too much time playing video games and it's time to join the real world.

Enigma was being his usual diplomatic, nice self when he called you a crazy teen with a pipe dream and delusions of grandeur.

On this subject, I'm not nice at all. I reckon you're a twit. (No offence intended to the feathered variety).

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

hahaha, ok well maybe a Z is not for 200. I have no idea where i would try it at. Just something i really want to do. I have seen videos of a 911 GT2 i think it was going 205MPH. I know it is far fetched and will not happen anytime soon but just one of my goals. How fast would a Z go with some really good suspension, gearing and about 450HP?

I saw your post regarding racing...and well, racing is about going as fast as possible around a track. That track limits how fast you can go due to many turns in the track to limit top speed. Otherwise we would all go drag racing.

Going fast means different things to different people. What are you really looking to do?

If you want to go 200MPH I would suggest an airplane.

As I recall - there was a Z that did 167mph (or something close to that) at the Salt Lake a few years ago. A 280Z 2+2 with a turbo L28..

Newman/Sharp car (IMSA - GTU) was clocked at 156 mph on the back side of Daytona if I remember correctly - (but the turbo Porsches still blew by him out there..

I think the 280ZX 2+2 is the best body for the Salt Lake (of the older cars)..

Yes a 200mph Z could be done - for something less than $85K...

FWIW,

Carl

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

Crider

Don't worry it can be done mark my word and I'm planning on doing it. I just got my 72' 240z back yesterday from getting all new panels, I also picked up my 350sbc. I am currently sandblasting it all and por-15ing it. sometime this month i think it is going in for the roll cage. Also this month i am installing sub frame connectors, and creating the fuel cell frame and batt. box frame in back. I also have to go pick up the R200 rear end i bought. I an eventually going to twin turbo my 350sb but for now it will get a alum. victor manifold and a demon on top. I should get 500 horsies pretty easily with that and 800-1100 with the twin turbos. Can't wait. Oh and my alum. kirkey road race seat is ready to in. So it can be done!!! and It will be but I'm going to beat you to it!!!! LOL