IGNORED

fast cars???

CRrider1988

Ok, call me crazy but one of my goals in life is to own a car that will atleast go 200 MPH by the time im 30, im 17 now. I've herd you can make a Z go 200 for not a whole lot of money, what does that intail? also what do you guys think is the most reasonabl priced car that will do it? What will an old ferrari do? or a old 911 turbo. I really want to go 200. That was the goal when i bought my Z, 200+. Am i crazy guys?

The gearing can get it there, it's the amount of horsepower you need to push it. Looking at other cars that can do it and there aero package you would need 7 or 800 hp to get it there. But thats just a guess.

To meet your goal of 200 MPH, I suggest both starting and finishing your college education first. Then go out and start your own business, work at it hard for 10 years beating all your competition into the ground, and opening several franchises. Then all you ahve to do is go out and buy a car that was built to do 200 MPH out of the box. Until then you're just a crazy teen with a pipe dream and delusions of grandeur. :)

trying to get an old Z to 200mph....cheap?....you are misimformed....But go read up on hybrid Z...and see just how fast you wanna go...another thing...200mph....Where? Thats fast and i don't know how the Z will handle that speed....there are few places you can try this....but God forbid you choose a public road.....as road surfaces might send you flying and killing someone....i don't know but i've been to high speeds in my Z and a normally smooth road will feel pretty bumpy...not only that my car is a 2003...and a 70's car....YIKES..hope you don't have stock brakes and your tires don't blow....

Anyway your young....don't throw your dream away...go searching about on this...........L28eT. But 200mph...nah....who cares..go to a racetrack...and take twisties...that is where your car will serve you best.

Most reasonably priced car? well this car is safer anyway since it is desighned for it.....Corvette C6 Z06....But your gonna still have to take Enigma's advice on that one. OR...buy someones like 8-9 sec 1/4mile car....

200 KPH maybe? If you plan on going 200 MPH, you can probably use the shell of the Z with a few modifications and change the engine but then it won't be a Z anymore so you can't really say that you were able to go 200 mph in a Z. That said. Don't do it man. Go with what Enigma told you. I think that would be your best route in life so you can reach that 200 MPH car that you've always dreamed for...