IGNORED

Tell us about your Z!

hls30.com

What condition is your Z in?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. What condition is your Z in?

• Mint pushed / pulled from the garage to the trailer and back...
    • A fine Show Piece, Garage kept, driven in beautiful weather
    • Excellent driver condition - Usually my trans- portation of choice, outrageously maintained.
    • Very good, Daily trans- portation, well maintained.
    • Good presentable Daily trans- portation, maintained monthy
    • Good mechanical shape, but needs some attention.
    • OK-needs more attention.
    • Street worthy as long as it is daylight with no rain!
    • Running and moving under its own power, not dependable.
    • Needs help as does the owner
    • It has wheels, and the horn works when you put the battery to it!
    • A Nasty pile of parts in which hides a beautiful Z
    • Sh!t, so you're the one that owns that pile of junk
    • I can't remember, the city / county haulled it away
    • Nicely boxed, waiting for A CZC help a member month!

I have one and a half 240z's.

HS30-00352 is due back from the paint shop next week and most things are ready for the reassembly. It will be kept in the garage and driven when I feel like (all the time then really when I get the chance) but not so keen in the rain, but no doubt that will change at some stage. It should be referred to as rebuilt not restored. Just a few mods to the engine and suspension.

"His Holeyness" is off to the crusher once I've picked it over for "where did that bit go" when putting 352 back together. I'll keep the best bits, dash, interior, pedal box, L28.

Definitely not a show car. It runs and drives now (didn't when I bought it), and does have a little rust. And yes, there are piles of parts all over the house - in the RV pad, all over in the garage, in the spare bedroom, and now in the living room as well.
Maybe it's time to update this.

The yellow car still runs and drives, but now has a much better running L24 (in place of the worn out L28 it came to me with). Mechanically it's pretty solid. Still not at all pretty, though.

The red car (which I hadn't bought at the time of the first post) is a very solid, presentable, mostly original survivor. It doesn't need much, and I am compromising it's low-mileage status weekly.

post-8596-14150801168452_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150801168782_thumb.jpg

HI

I just bought my car a few years ago, and it ran very nice till a few months ago, the radiator starts to show that water just desapear and my head blows.

From that point I start the restoration program, that I intend to do it. When it will be ready, it will be only for weekends and sunny days.

I would like to see this car finished very soon.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27556

Well, since Arne started the updates, I guess I'll do the same. About a year ago, here was my assessment

In 16+ years of ownership, it probably has less than 2-3 miles on it. I am really trying to get it on the road this month.

Since then, I got the car on the road, did some tuning, and updated it with new wheels and tires. It is now a good sunny-day driver. It still needs a paint job and some finishing, but if I had to, I could drive it long distance without worrying about a breakdown. I put about 1200 miles on it this summer before it got too hot to drive it with no A/C.