IGNORED

Datsun 240k Gl 1977 Needing Advice Or Feedback?

tonyasap

aarc240,

Whilst I have your attention, can I re-ask you a question I asked a couple of months ago ( you didn't reply last time )?

The original thread was here:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20983

You wrote ( in post #45 ):

Very annoying that we can't even run the triple Mikuni carbs and manifold I still own which came from a works rally 240z back in 1973!

And I asked ( in post #50 ):

Would you happen to know which particular Works car these actually came from? Is the history ( fate ) of the particular car known?

I have an ongoing project tracking the histories of the Works 240Z & 260Z rally cars, and would be interested to hear why these carbs were taken off the car in question. Usually this would mean that the car had been crashed and split for spares.

Cheers,

Alan T.

If you have any further information I would love to hear it. Sorry to keep asking you for 'evidence' - but what you write is very interesting and begs for questions to be asked.

Alan T.

Whoops! a good example of meaning being misconstrued. I mucked it up trying to be tongue in cheek!

"I believe"(:cheeky:) you have some interestng facts to add to this story yet.

.. is what I meant to get across. Matters bugger all I 'spose!LOL

What are the Prince lenses and bezels for? Wrong part No.s for an S54 from my 1966 book?

Cheers,

Jim.:bandit:

Looking for more substance here . . . .

Yes, that KPGC10 that I considered was a Nissan Skyline GT-R badged car and it was physically there on the showroom floor.

Which dealer had it? Are they still open? Maybe they still have records? Maybe some old timer there remembers and can tell us yes, the car was there?

"There was at least 1 KPGC10 sold to an RAF pilot then stationed over here and was frequently seen in Woomera SA.

afaik, he shipped that car to Germany when he was posted there."

Does anyone know who this RAF pilot was? Maybe we can track him down? Anyone else in Woomera remember the car?

I may be grasping at straws here, but we may have overlooked the most obvious in our search for validation.:stupid: :stupid:

Looking for more substance here . . . .

Does anyone know who this RAF pilot was? Maybe we can track him down? Anyone else in Woomera remember the car?

I may be grasping at straws here, but we may have overlooked the most obvious in our search for validation.:stupid: :stupid:

There wouldn't be anyone in Woomera, the base closed back in the 80's, and I doubt that the current occupiers would be remotely interested.

It's a pity that only anecdotal evidence is available, bit like the metal g-nose, isn't it!

Which dealer had it? Are they still open? Maybe they still have records? Maybe some old timer there remembers and can tell us yes, the car was there?

I believe (oh Lordy not again!) Art has already named the dealer and has stated that they are no longer open. He does not have records of it and if I understood his posts correctly, he is one of the "old timers" who was there at the time!

And I'm saying nothing more!

:nervous: :) :classic: :P:D :laugh: LOLROFL

...congratulations to all:eek: I believe this is our first 100 replies thread in the 240K corner:knockedou

I really hope Tony keeps his K and tidies it up!

Cheers,

Jim.

Who's Tony?

Tony started this thread asking for advice about his 240K. It's been hijacked three or four times to the point where we're discussing the possibility of a KPGC10 being sold in Australia.

I believe (oh Lordy not again!) Art has already named the dealer and has stated that they are no longer open. He does not have records of it and if I understood his posts correctly, he is one of the "old timers" who was there at the time!

And I'm saying nothing more!

Yes, re-read and he did say that the dealership closed. Retract my post #99

Yes, it was my attempt at adding some humour to this thread. :dead: I think it's funny how far OT this thread has gone. Good to see ROFL

Maybe it's a good place to start talking about the progress (or lack thereof) on my 240K project:cheeky: