IGNORED

only 1 set of 240Z LED Tail lights for sale!!

Zs-ondabrain

Bump.... still waiting

Most likely tomorrow, I got the LED's in today and started assembling the plates. I'm not ignoring you, I promiss. It's been real busy around here and Trust me when I say that your e-mail is only 1 of about 50 that I've had to respond to.

I need to finish soldering them and they're out the door. I am truly sorry for the loooooong delay but I order my LED's from www.besthongkong.com and they decided to take their sweet fricken time about getting my order to me. (about 1 month)

Look for them in the mail soon. I ship USPS Express Mail. 2-3 day and they're going out on thur.

Dave

David, would you mind sending me the rest of my tail light parts. You removed the metal reflectors from the reverse lights, and I'm now missing one of my reverse light bulb sockets also. The whole socket is missing, and was just cut off leaving the two wires just dangling there.... whats up with that?

I can't believe I send you a perfect pair of housings, with all the sockets/ wires in great cond., then I get this back in return. By the reflectors missing out of the reverse lights, tells me what I thought... you just didn't complete the job by not doing the reverse lights also with LEDs, but left out the reflectors.

So now, I'm left to repair my housings back to the way the were when you got them... but I can't because you did not return the parts you removed.

Please send me the parts.

Joel.

Are you mental or something? YOU CUT the reverse light socket off, not me. I NEVER removed ANY reflectors nor did I cut your wires. As a matter of fact, both me AND my wife were wondering why YOU would cut off the socket to a bulb housing that normally gets refurbished.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to blame me for your shortcomings when the ONLY thing that you paid me to do was make L.E.D. plates for your 260Z tail light housings.

I Made the plates, loaded them with LED's, Mounted them and even threw in the bulb adaptors that I Normally charge more for. You're welcome. I'd be happy to send you a socket and some reflective plates for a 260Z IF I had some around, but I don't!!

This is the part of the letter where I would normally thank you for your business, but after your beautiful letter, you can bite me.

I don't know where you got the housings, but I would start looking there for your missing items.

Dave.

P.S.

Ask any one who has recieved tail lights or harness's from me, I DON'T **** up orders. I FIX THEM!! I IMPROVE ON THEM!! I DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE MY CUSTOMERS HAPPY!

Next time you order a repair or ANY upgrade from ANYONE, TAKE PICTURES FIRST. Not only will it help prove your case, but you'll also see exactly what the improvement was.

Have a nice day,

Dave.

Oh my........ This doesn't sound like something Dave is even capable of. To date, I have been more then happy with every aspect of his workmanship as well as his dedication to customer service. I'm sure you guys will get it figured out.

Oh my........ This doesn't sound like something Dave is even capable of. To date, I have been more then happy with every aspect of his workmanship as well as his dedication to customer service. I'm sure you guys will get it figured out.

I'd love to post the next letter I just got from him but the software on here would "bleep out" all the language.

Here is the picture he sent me before the taillights were sent. It clearly shows NO reflector in the reverse light housing.

In the second picture of the finished housing. you'll also see that the reflector is STILL not there.

Who's full of crap now? Thanks =Enigma=

Dave.

My first email to you wasn't all that out of line. All you had to do was email me back with a reply that I was mistaken, but NO... you had to ratch it up a bit and wizz me off to where I said things I should'n have.

After me walking out to my shop, I discovered I was the A$$ for sending that email before looking.. I was mistaken.

Now can we leave this as is, or keep on with it? I was wrong, you were right.

My first email to you wasn't all that out of line. All you had to do was email me back with a reply that I was mistaken, but NO... you had to ratch it up a bit and wizz me off to where I said things I should'n have.

After me walking out to my shop, I discovered I was the A$$ for sending that email before looking.. I was mistaken.

Now can we leave this as is, or keep on with it? I was wrong, you were right.

NO problem Joel, I'm glad we cleared this up. I accept and please read the next E-mail That I just sent you.

Sincerely,

Dave.

P.S.

Enigma was right again, how does he do it?

• 4 months later...

Hi Dave, lights look great. I finally got to putting them on the car after all this time (due to a complete RB motor swap) and I have a question I hope you or any one can help me with...

I plugged the lighting harness into each, right and left tail lights, but all I get is a real dim display of the rear lights.

They barely can be seen, and have a very slight flicker to them. The running lights do the same as the brake lights.

When I look at all the other lights (side marker lights) they are bright as can be... There is only one way the rear tail lights can be plugged into the harness, so I'm stumped as to what would be causing just the rear pair of lights to be extremely dim, and flickering.... any ideas please?

thanks again - joel

I got an idea of what the problem is. Just remember that the 260Z did'nt have that much better wiring than the 240Z.. At the present time, you can have 12-13 volts in the battery with the car not running, but by the time that power goes thru all the old wiring, fusebox, switches and connectors, You've had a few volts drop off the circuit.

Incandescent bulbs (stock glass filiment) use what ever power there is to light themselves.

LED's use only the power given to them, if the set-up that I built for you does not get at least a good solid 12 volts, they will look weak.

Solution,

When the car is running at an idle or higher, the LED's will light up like a Chrismas tree on crack. I wired them the same as all the taillights that I convert. They can see as much as 15 volts before you harm them. I did that on purpose to keep them from blowing up and you having to send them back for a repair.

So what I need to know is........

1) how many volts is your battery putting out while the car is NOT running?

2) unplug the tail lights and measure the voltage going to the taillights at that plug. You should find a significant drop. Don't worry, it's typical of almost all Z cars.

3) start the car and run the same tests again. you'll find the voltage higher.

4) plug the lights back in and start the car. when the engine is off the idle, the lights should get pretty brite.

Let me know the results as soon as you get them,

Dave.

P.S. you can test the tail lights by hard wiring them to the battery directly.

Black is ground, red is brakes, and white is parking lights.

E-mail me for some other info you'll need. wolfin32z@yahoo.com

• 6 months later...

Just a quick update to all who are interested..

I Still do the LED Tail Light Conversion for ALL 240Z's. The conversion is still $250. You send me your 240Z taillights and I convert them to LED. They are brighter, use less than 1/4 of the amperage and bring your Z into the 21st Century.

I have 3 HLH's (headlight upgrade harness's) for the 240Z, in stock and ready to be shipped.

The HLH's are still $125 and are universal for ALL 240Z's

The PLH's (parking light upgrade harness) Are now $40. My supplier doubled the price of my supplies. They work on all 240Z's UP TO 3/73'

The ZXP's (280ZX alternator adaptor plug) are still $15 each and work on all 240Z's

I also do the Combo/Turn signal Switch service. For $40, you send me your Combo and T/S switches and I rebuild them as a set. I clean up each switch, clean the contacts, fix any wiring issues, regrease them and send them back. ($75 for 2 sets)

I STILL don't take PayPal but I do take Money Orders, Casheirs Checks and Cash. Email me for shipping and Payment info at wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Dave.