IGNORED

only 1 set of 240Z LED Tail lights for sale!!

Zs-ondabrain

I have made only one set of 240Z LED tail lights for the sole purpose of selling on this site only. If you have seen my "posi burn out" video and noticed them there or even seen my gallery, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Here's what the lucky winner will get...

One set of 240Z tail lights (Left & Right) They have been torn apart, cleaned, polished, refitted with Super Brite L.E.D.'s (14,000 mcd) and wired to run the same as most tail lights are (parking lights on upper half and brake lights are both upper and lower sections.

I polished the plastic as best as I could. I removed the inner reflective plates and reworked one of them for each of the Reverse lights. they're much brighter now.

The parking lights consist of 12 red LED's

The brake lights are all 50 LED's

The upper plate has 32 and the lower plate has 18 led's

I polished the chrome and repainted the inner black of the center trim pieces.

I also inserted new felt into the lower drain holes. There is one screw in the middle of the center trim but it's barely noticable. This was neccesary because it's nearly impossible to seperate the two halves withouth snapping the center holding pin. The small screw is much stronger than the original plactic piece anyways.

I have put a lot of thought and hard work into these, not only because it's what I do, but because I know that a few of you had stated your interest in a set. I did a better job on this set than the ones that I put into my own car.

I am asking for $225 and a decent set of tail lights in return (a kinda core charge-so I can build another set in the near future.)

Keep in mind that these are (100,000 hour LED's) This means that they can stay on for over 11 years straight (24/7) 365 days a year for 11.41? years. That means that they'll probably outlast the car.

For a better idea of how they look, check out My gallery

Or check out the posi-burn out video, even in the daylight, they are brite enough to easily be seen through the smoke.

Or the video I made just for this thread LED taillight video on "putfile.com" it takes a little while to load up but at least you'll see what I mean.

E-mail me and I'll get back to the first person who can get the Money order and spare lights into the mail first.

I WILL make more at a later date but I'd like to see how this sale goes first.

And remember that the lights you send me will most likely be rebuilt for the next set I make, so make sure they are at least rebuildable for the next guy.

Thanks for reading,

Dave.

P.M. sent and yes. they are out of a 71 240Z and as far as I know, they will fit all 240Z's.

The only thing different about these tail lights is the internal light source.

The other thing that I forgot to mention earlier is the fact that they will probably have only 1/4 of the current draw that the regular bulb lit tail lights have.

I have been offered cash on the spot by some local Z owners, but told them that the next set I make is for the guys at classicZcars.

Dave.

I don't know where the split is, but the taillight harness connectors are different between early and late 240Zs. I know because the wiring that came with my spare set of taillights (out of a '73) is different than what is in my early '71 (10/70). The early car uses the full-size 1/4" blade terminals, the '73 lights use the small mini-blades. I also noted that in the '73 wiring, the inner top bulb in the red is only wired as a tail light, not as a brake/turn. This is different from my Series I where all three bulbs in the red are used as brake/turn, and both upper bulbs are used as tail lights as well.

Whom ever buys these lights WILL NOT BE DISSATISFIED! i've seen them first hand...bright.....very bright,and they look cool too.Hay dave my birthday is coming up. [in december:D ]..

DUH. I did'nt forget this year did I? nope!

I just got done explaining to someone that I am ONLY selling the reworked housings that have the LED's inside them. There is no harness other than the one you already have in your Zcar.

After installing the new housings,

You only need to "T"-tap 3 wires on each side (ground (black), parking light wire(green/white) and the brake light wire (solid Green) then connect the wires to the t-taps. remove the 3 brake and parking light bulbs on each side, clean the reverse light and re-insert all the sockets to cover up the holes.

Thats it and thats all

Dave.

i'm not meaning to flame either of you..........

I've seen sets of 240Z taillight housing/lens that have just been polished up go for around $400 on ebay.

these have a one or two of a kind (so far) upgrade to the l.e.d.'s imagine that dave spent a lot of time to carefully disassemble, clean etc the "cores" and then design and build the upgrade into them, then polish and re-assemble.

Additionally, with LED's instead of incandescent bulbs burning, the current draw through the T/S switch will probably drop quite a bit, thus it will most likely last a lot longer.

probably a lot of time and effort invested in them & can't make more without cores to start with. JMO

The Putfile video shows 'em off well. Labour intensive upgrade as far as building the lights go I'd imagine. Sooo much faster and brighter than your standard incandecant globes. I've built these as an extra (centre) brake light in years gone by, but seeing that, I might have a go at doing the same for the Skyline, particularly the indicators, as the C10 has no amber flash, simply flashes the brakes on one side or t'other!...nearly come to grief because of it too.

Nice job!

Jim.