IGNORED

help with struts

You don't see much talk as it is not a zx forum.

Thanks Arne for the polite reply. Unlike Zedrally. I found this site right after buying the car and have been learning so much about the car even though it is a ZX. First joined to see how the Konigs looked on peoples cars and couldn't view without joining. Kind of figured I wasn't exactly in the right spot but enjoyed reading all the posts. Didn't mean to make the music stop and everyone turn their head when a ZX entered the room. I'll go find a site more for me. Didn't think it was that way here.

"your arse is cracked and that still works"

M.H

Now listen here, you asked for help not knowing if you had posted to the right site/forum.

I politly answered that you might not find the answers that you asked for as it is a CLASSIC Z SITE, however keep posting anyway.

I didn't tell you to get nicked and find somewhere else to post.

ok i need new struts so bad its not funny. with my car in the air i can move the shaft by hand like a half inch. it feels like im driving on ice. so i went to the suspension shop and they want to put on some KYB's or Monroes. KYBs are 480 instaled with stock springs and Monroes are 460. So i talked with the guy that has a race shop down the street and he LOVES datsuns. He told me that KYBs and Monroes are junk. Even the adjustable Tokicos and GR2s are bad he said. He gave me the advice of Koni, Bilstien, of at worst KYB gas-a-just. I cant find them anywhere. I have looked everywhere. Where can i find them, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

He loves Datsuns, but doesn't know ****, well maybe he does. Let him find the Bilsteins for you. Just know they've been out of production for Z's for 20 years, ask Carl Beck. Monroes are junk, KYB's are not. My shocks and springs were completely worn out, I mean big time. I put new stock springs in with KYBs, and you can hardly move the car when you push down on the corners. I buy my shocks at shox.com. They have the Suspension Techniques sway bar kits too. I paid $240 for a set of four KYB GR-2's. Tokicos are good, but unnecessary (I think) unless you're racing. Koni's are very good, but stiff. They are intended for racing. My Z is a road car, and so I chose my components for that purpose. I don't like my car to ride like a brick.

Definitely not.

I have owned, sold and serviced most of the brands listed here. And I pretty much agree with the other comments in this thread. I don't think I saw anyone rate the Monroes, they might be good for street use if plain stock is what you are after, no good at all for track.

Like Gary, I have a set of the Euro Stage I springs for my 240Z, and I will use either GR2 or Tokico HP, not sure which yet. Probably the GR2, since I don't see any track time in the car's future.

Arne, what's with a clogged injector on a 240Z? Wasn't it stock?