IGNORED

help with struts

ok i need new struts so bad its not funny. with my car in the air i can move the shaft by hand like a half inch. it feels like im driving on ice. so i went to the suspension shop and they want to put on some KYB's or Monroes. KYBs are 480 instaled with stock springs and Monroes are 460. So i talked with the guy that has a race shop down the street and he LOVES datsuns. He told me that KYBs and Monroes are junk. Even the adjustable Tokicos and GR2s are bad he said. He gave me the advice of Koni, Bilstien, of at worst KYB gas-a-just. I cant find them anywhere. I have looked everywhere. Where can i find them, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

What kind of Z do you have? Year?

don't think you'll find Bilsteins for a 240Z, I've contacted Bilstein N.A. and they weren't able to find a distributor that still has any, and they haven't been made for years.

Koni's....maybe. But you'll spend a good bit more $$$

Check with Summit Raceing they have the Gr2 for $40.00 each . This is what I am going with , I have the euro stage 1 springs . I just need the $ for the struts. I havent heard anything bad about KYBs for street use . track use is a different matter . I think it depends on the use planned for the Z . summitraceing.com thats my 5 ¢ Gary

thanks, i have a 75 280Z. i want to take it to track days, i live about 5 blocks form the track and the guy that i was talking to invited me to come to the track days when he rents the track which is like twice a month in the summer. i also want to do street driving too. i have put 12000 miles on my car in 4 months of owning it. yes, 12000 miles.

ok guys, after searching everywhere i have had no luck finding what i want, koni or bilstein. i called bilstein direct and they told me they dont have anything for a datsun at all and nothing for that old of a car. i found Konis for a 240 or 260 but i herd i cant use them. i also found a place that has a set of konis for the rear of my car from long ago and they only have 7 in stock and that is all they will get. i think im going to have to go with tokicos. i cant find anything else. do you guys know if 280ZX is the same as 280Z?

Don't know what you consider too much money, but (depending on your budget) Tokico Illumina's with Ground Control coilovers (or Eibach) suited me fine and I spent under $400. Except you'd have to section the housing and such, I'm sure most people do that.

Don't know what you consider too much money, but (depending on your budget) Tokico Illumina's with Ground Control coilovers (or Eibach) suited me fine and I spent under $400. Except you'd have to section the housing and such, I'm sure most people do that.

Wow...you got yourself a GREAT deal.... Tokico Illumina's are well over $400. and with coilovers included that is a fantastic price.....