IGNORED

240Z Parking Light upgrade harness's for Sale

Zs-ondabrain

So if I'm understanding the information here there is no cutting/tapping/splicing of the original wiring correct? This is avoided by use of the white molex connectors right?

I asked Dave this question in a PM and he confirmed that you wouldn't have to alter the OEM wiring.

Garth,

The only thing you have to do is run a fused power wire from the battery, through the firewall (using the stock rubber gromet, Through the dash and over to the steering column and into the relay socket.disconnect the 6-pin plug on the headlight switch, connect the new plugs to both ends of said plugs (in the form of a "T"), mount the relay and ground wire using one of the four bolts holding the steering column in place, and you're done.

No cutting, tapping or anything complicated or destructive to the Z. (I promise) the harness can be removed as easily as it went in.

look at the picture on the ADD and you'll see the mounting hole for the relay, the "T" connection and the wire that connects to the battery via a ring terminal. The whole thing will take less than a half an hour.

How's that,

Dave

the only thing you have to do to the car is put a wire thru a rubber boot, bolt a wire to the positive terminal, mount a relay with a stock bolt, and remove one plastic panel and put it back on after you have made a connection to the headlight switch.

That's it, I designed it with you and the sanktity of your Z in mind.

Dave.

Great job on both the design on the relay system and also the instructions. Based on the quality of the headlite relay system for which I was one of your early customers, I will send you a money order for this system. I'm looking foward to some better illumination for my gauges ........ using a flashlight at nite for my aging eyes is rather crude.

You are providing the 240Z community a great service for a very reasonable price. Keep up the good work!

P.S.

If any one has access to both 240Z's and 260Z's or even a 280Z and can compare the 240z's headlight switch's 6-pin plug to that of the 260 and 280z, I'll bet I could expand the parking light harness to that area.

The main thing I'm looking for is "where the green wire w/ a blue stripe and the green/white stripe wires are located in comparison to the 240Z's headlight switch 6-pin plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated by more than just me.

Dave-

I'm looking at a 77 280 switch and this is how it looks on the switch side of the plug.

Reading counter-clockwise from the mark the wires are coded as follows:

1 - Blue

2 - Yellow with Green stripe

3 - Blue with Yellow stripe

4 - Green with Blue stripe

5 - Green with White stripe

6 - Blue with Red stripe

B - Red with Blue stripe (I think it said "B" on the diagram)

- not used

L - Yellow with Black stripe

W - Blue with white stripe

_________

/ o | o x o o \

| o | o o o o |

--+----------

Hope this is any help.

I'd be interested in one of your kits as well for my 78.

Allen

couple things, The more orders I see (on here or thru E-mail or P.M.'s) the more parts I'll order and harness's I'll make. But I need to know the "want" before I try and fill the "needs"

A little reminder, They are $37.00 and that also covers S/H costs.

And for those of you who have written me asking for a little something on the side (wink. wink.) I can only make them when I have the funding.:ninja:

Dave.