IGNORED

How fast does your Zed go???????????

zorro

My last 240Z was a '73 model with a stock drive-train (4 speed),

and I have no idea what the rear-end ratio was.

No Air-dam.

Stock Suspension.

Stock Brakes.

3X 40 Mikuni's, Header, and mild street cam (.480" / 274 I think).

240 block and a slightly shaved (.020) E88 head.

It was very comfortable at around 110mph. I once ate a hamburger driving

between Oakland and Medesto Ca. while going 110+MPH (Not smart, I know,

but I was young). The car displayed no adverse characteristics at that speed.

I once had it between 140 and 145 MPH before I chickened out. (I was also

carrying a 150+lbs passenger. (He wanted to know how fast it would go :) )

Now that i have had the conversion done from auto to 5 speed and had the rear end replaced with a 3.90 rear it screams. Once i can find enough road without cops i'll post my findings.

I have just got back from Winton (Raceway) where we played all weekend. For those who know the circut we used the short track. My 240 with trick susp. and 300 zx brakes but a stock engine was pulling low 1.14s and cracking 110 mph on the back straight. How much fun can you have for $98.00?????????

I've had my 240Z ( tokico springs and struts, polyurethane bushings, thick swaybars, strut tower bars) over 100 mph many times It's very stable at high speeds.. I think most of it has to do with my Kaminari front air dam (the front just sucks down), and my tires are balanced perfectly..... You fellow Z nuts know what I'm talking about .... Z's are notorious for wheel wobble...It took going to a tire place where the owner was a Z enthusiast, before my tires were balanced right... make a note, don't get cheap rims and tires!!!!