IGNORED

California Crackdown on Modified Cars

DatsunZGuy

Chino-

I commend your wife on her admirable ways. I'm not a care-giver, except for my old mom & dad), but I do my share of charity to local geoups. Good for her.

Steven-

I agree that the overall goal is to stop the street racing, but all this business about stickers, spoilers, and exhaust should get a little more organized. You need to understand it from the policeman's point of view- they only have so much to go on for now. If you don't agree with it, then organize yourselves and petition for change. Complaining about it, or ignoring it won't make change.

I don't care how people adorn their cars. They can paint it bright blue with a set of Texan longhorns on the hood. Cover it with pink shag and a big dog's face on the front if it suits you. Done right, the wildest of ideas can be cool-looking.

You're probably right that this web site isn't the place for making public policy, but it's sad that you can say your opinions without people taking it like that's what you want to force other to do.

OPINIONS ARE JUST OPINIONS!! They have no value, except to the person making them. Otherwise, it really spoilsthings if you happen to meet that person 'on the street' one day.

I say that especially because I want to cruise the country (route 66, PCH, etc) after I finish with my plan for the Z, and I might be able to visit some of you people on the way. I assume most of your enjoy an occasional beer? ("official currency of the U.S.")

:D

Now you see the problem, people/police reading intent to comit illegal acts. Better to just wait until an illegal act is commited and enforce the existing laws.
That's the big picture, and it seems difficult to get others to see your point of view. On the other hand, how do the police work against those circumstances- having to wait to catch racers in the act, and by then they could just race away and be gone ( another illegal act).
Or if ricers are the target here, then what about adding suburban soccer moms that can't remove the phone from their ear?
I think that's a problem with society in general. Just about everybody has a cell phone now, it seems, and the same people feel they need to be using it constantly. Remember the time before cell phones? We all got along just fine using pay phones, or no phone at all. All that money used to establish cell phone systems could be used to fix up the regular phone system or other usefull stuff.
Wonder what the cops would do about me? After all I'll be driving a full race Z on the street as my commuter car. No stickers though, and I'm a potbellied, gray haired, caucasian, near senior citizen. Bet it's no problem for ME.

I'll leave that up to them. A race car as a daily driver doesn't sound too comfortable, or efficient, but I get to could get in a 'quick trip to the store!' LOL

Back pedaling Tomo.

NO charity point was being made. I was just pointing out the fact that a normal everyday driver is now put into an illegal activity group because of vehicle preference. And it is people putting constraints on others because they can... is it okay? What's next? You have to stay involved so your freedoms aren't taken away.

Good point sblake01, crazy battles every day! Done with this thread, gotta get back to the everyday battles I can win. :classic:

its funny all this talk about rice tuners. I grew up in a small town of about 35000 in Canada and Im 41 now. Im married and have 2 almost teen kids, daughter starts high school in Sept. her little brother is in 6th grade. I work as a civil servant. Sooooo im about as much white middle class as you can get...

Now go back a few years to 1980. lets see... pants so tight I couldnt sit comfortably, mullet hairdoo... my car was a rusty 72 ford cortina, that i remember the gear shift fell out. I didnt have a muscle car obviously but we did street race. Usually around 10-11PM around dark unpaved back alleys in residential neighborhoods. It was kind of a chase thing. the guy with the faster car lead the other guy followed. Sound dangerous? I shudder at the thought of someone walking out to their trashbin.

Cars my friends had: One had a 72 chevelle, other had a 67 Chevelle, balanced and blueprinted, other buddy had a 67 mustang fastback with a Ford 427 in it. Once he started working he swapped it for a High output brand spanking new Ford Mustang, I think we had it up to 150 MPH on the free way once (middle of the afternoon and yes we were intoxicated). Another buddy an 81 firebird think it had a 400 ci powerplant. Drag racing down main street was alive and well. And we even had thousand dollar sterios back in the day too.

Not condoning racing here (its dangerous and wrong) but for you young guys, dont think its anything new. and for you old guys, you cant say a sticker on a car or a bunch of them or a muffler or whale tale on a rice rocket is any more agressive or offensive than the blowers, headers or 50 series racing slicks we used to have.

if a car is safe its safe if not its not. And why discriminate against a kid with a rice rocket when professional athletes with Ferraris are hitting brick walls at 80 miles an hour? Lets not be hypocritical here.

In my area, we recently hasd a pro football (NFL) player trash himself while hotdogging for friends in a parking lot on a racey motorbike.

What do you think makes these athletes think they can do the dangerous stuff and get away with it?

thx

NO charity point was being made. I was just pointing out the fact that a normal everyday driver is now put into an illegal activity group because of vehicle preference. And it is people putting constraints on others because they can... is it okay? What's next? You have to stay involved so your freedoms are taken away.

Yes, Mrs. Chino's charity work is commendable nonetheless, although it's a different topic, and I certainly hope she doesn't attract any trouble if she's sporting a church sticker, or one for the charity work, or whatever. That's when I really hope that law enforcement will take a better look at things, and make a right decision- If there is ever an occasion to mistake things for the illegal activity group.

I doubt she will ever see any trouble.

thx

In my area, we recently hasd a pro football (NFL) player trash himself while hotdogging for friends in a parking lot on a racey motorbike.

What do you think makes these athletes think they can do the dangerous stuff and get away with it?

thx

Look at Indian Larry, the famous bike builder who was recently killed while horsing around on a bike. Such a shame.

Vicky

Here's a quote for TomoHawk......."There is no taste so bitter as one's own foot inserted in one's mouth"!!!

TomoHawk, my, my, my, you poor boy! I quess you're just a glutten for punishment. When will it dawn on you that you are acting like a complete moron! Please seach some help! :geek:

I lied, one more good laugh!

Let's see here....the count is:

Criminals:

Mrs. Chino (don't tell her)

Mr. Chino

e-racer1999

240ZX (Rebel without a cause)

ZMAN525 (Shove it if you don't like my damn noise!)

ZRUSH (must be with a hot rod like that! :love:)

1972ZED

panchovisa (especially you!)

sblake01 (retired)

INF (Boggled U.S. Citizen)

Alfadog

Go240Zags (I live in a Van down by the river!)

jmortensen (Breakin the law! Breakin the law! TRD)

Ed (lurking deep inside)

beandip (Not Gary)

Pennyman (most likely)

DatsunZGuy (the root of all evil, just look at my avitar!)

seerex (if it's fun count me in too!)

Bambikiller (it's my name and killing bambi is my game)

Non-Criminal: TomoHawk (Innocent until proven guilty) :stupid:

ROFL how is that 240ZX? :rambo: