IGNORED

How Close Are Our VIN #'s

Zrush

Update:

New Z Project 1970 240Z Lucky 7s - HLS30 7273 7/70 build date.

My old Z is now the parts car as it is just to rusty for me to restore, at least for now. Gary

Interesting! Our cars are 1 month apart and only 942 VINs between us.

240Z HLS3014317 Build Date 11/70

260Z RLS30045738 will check build date.

Your 11/70 is real close to 'Dtsnlvrs' 11/70 with chassis # 14392. That's only 75 units apart! His was originally shipped to the Seattle, Wa. area. How about yours?

Interesting! Our cars are 1 month apart and only 942 VINs between us.

Allan,

I always like to see your 08/70 #8215 as mine is real close to yours at 8323 08/70. Only 108 units apart. It's good to see that these Z's are still alive even if, as in my case, they don't run under their own power as of yet.

HLS30 09603

Built 9/70

Mark,

That's a beautiful 240Z you have there. Your production is near and dear to my heart as it is the same month I was born. Unfortunately it is also the same month that Jimi Hendrix passed away. Oh well.

In any case that blue is really neat. By my rough math it seems as though my 8323 and your 9603 are 1280 apart.

I'm pretty darn close to some of you---

Vin #HLS30 07032 build date of 7/70

It has fresh new paint #919 (70/71 yellow).

Original engine and tranny----doing the resto/refresh thing----bought "Bad260Z" (Jordan's) 10/70 240Z for the interior and bits 'n pieces you have to have to do one--

I enlisted "beandip" (Gary) as consultant/advisor/transportation crewchief to ready the car for shipping to the Ozarks of Arkansas from Oregon. What a great gearhead guy!

I'll post pics of progress as soon as I get it back from the painter.

Thanks to all of you----I never would have begun without this group. Every day I learn more and more from each of you.

I hope to "pay it forward" in time.

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny:

I'm pretty darn close to some of you---

Vin #HLS30 07032 build date of 7/70

It has fresh new paint #919 (70/71 yellow).

Original engine and tranny----doing the resto/refresh thing----bought "Bad260Z" (Jordan's) 10/70 240Z for the interior and bits 'n pieces you have to have to do one--..........

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny:

What's the VIN on that parts car and what do you have left of it (pix would be great)? I'm always on the lookout for good parts. :)