IGNORED

How Close Are Our VIN #'s

Zrush

The 240 that I am refreshing has build date 09\71 and vin# HLS30-09974.

My 240 parts car has build date 10\71 and vin# HLS30-50713.

Talk about a spread in vin #'s with a month between build dates!

That is quite interesting, I have production date 8/70 with VIN 8215

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10043&cat=500&page=5

I havent really done much with it. Its in a storage unit for now. I guess that will be my next project. Its not that rusty. I was going to Swap engine but i dont have the title or funds to replace wiring harnesses and everything else that this car needs.

Its hasnt been sitting that long. It had inspection sticker from 97 (last year they required arkansas car to be inspected)

But no motor or trans. I have them but the block is toast.

Hey Markdixon in my Z I have a letter to thanking the gentlemen (that I pretty much stole it from him) that I bought it from in the original enevelope in a cargo box with the tool bag with no tools. How many Z owners have the letters from Japan?

"That I pretty much stole it from him"???

That doesn't sound good. I'm all about a good deal on a Z, just as much as the next man. But it sounds like you may have taken advantage of somebody, and that's not kool.

If I am mis-reading you I appologize, but if not, have you ever heard of instant karma???

Yes, I'm sure. I've checked the plate on the door at least 6 or 8 times since we've gotten the car. Weird, huh?
Yeah, really odd. My car's build date is 10/70, HLS30-12746. Still think a build date of 9/70 would be more logical for yours, but whatever...