IGNORED

240z shell

zman525

well.... this sux... the whole entire front end of my Z is toast... i can put a screwdriver through whats suppose to be a sturdy frame :( If i sand blasted it the engine bay would be missing :( someone help me! im dien here :lick:

Yes everything is the same. Ill get the pics asap. I have to work in the moring so it may be a feiw days before i get them up.

The bat tray is good but underneath in the fender well is shot. I didnt know untill i looked at it a feiw hrs ago. Ill get pics of all the really bad parts where the rust bug is.

As far as price gose ill have to think on it.

Whats it worth to you?

yah... as long as the unibody is strong... where the fenders mount on to then im cool with it, frame rails need to be strong, suspension doesnt matter as long as the shock towers are good. I just dont want it turnin out to be a repeat of the one i just bought =P... u get the fenders off and the unibody is rusted through and u can put ur hand through it. As far as price goes it depends on the condition. I will pay according to the condition of the unibody =) I appreciate this dude.. ur helpin put another Z on the road.

Im starting to think arkansas is to far away... hmmm... im just trying to think of a way to get down there with a trailer, but thats only problem A, problem B is the amount of money ill be spending to get down there and back and buy it... very frustrating. If anyone who reads this thread and has spare shell plz let me kno... remember ur putting another Z on the road :lick: Id rather not travel that far but if i have to ill try my best. I appreciate you helpin me alot =)

I've followed this thread without replying but I can't help myself. I honestly think you'd be better off looking for a whole car and not a mythical shell. Since the unibody of these cars is the most difficult part to "fix" it's highly unlikely that you're going to find just the "shell" in great shape. If the shell was in great shape why would someone bother to remove all of the usable parts? A more likely scenario is that the body has problems and the parts were moved to another car - just like you're trying to do. I think you'll have better luck finding a car that's even drivable and bringing that home with you. You can then pick and choose which parts should be transferred.

Ok so it turns out that there are non rotted shells around here. Still lookin to buy one and im no longer sellin the z... Im searchin real hard and if anyone knows of one or has one for cheap and close to massachusetts ( which is unlikely) let me kno.. i have my eye set on one in NJ lets just hope it all falls through! (BTW it can be a rolling chassis but i dont wanna spend too much money)

I've followed this thread without replying but I can't help myself. I honestly think you'd be better off looking for a whole car and not a mythical shell. Since the unibody of these cars is the most difficult part to "fix" it's highly unlikely that you're going to find just the "shell" in great shape. If the shell was in great shape why would someone bother to remove all of the usable parts? A more likely scenario is that the body has problems and the parts were moved to another car - just like you're trying to do. I think you'll have better luck finding a car that's even drivable and bringing that home with you. You can then pick and choose which parts should be transferred.

I disagree on one point...you will find good shells for sale frequently. There are many reasons for this and not the least of which is someone started a project and for what ever reason is giving up. Another reason would be someone who parted out a 'rust free' car (who knows why, but probably because it no longer ran and they didn't want to spend the time/money to fix it or maybe didn't know any better) and is now left with only the shell.

I would agree that these are fewer than complete cars though but when found are far cheaper than a complete car in the same 'rust free' condition.

I would agree that these are fewer than complete cars though but when found are far cheaper than a complete car in the same 'rust free' condition.

Fair enough. I didn't think of someone starting on a project car and then giving up before finishing. I suppose it's possible to find just about anything for sale for one reason or another. As far as cost goes I would think that a non-rolling shell would be more difficult to move/ship than something that at least has wheels and can be rolled onto a truck/trailer.