IGNORED

1973 240z wont start

n240zracer

i have a 1973 240z its a 4 speed and it has duel points and im only gettin spark on 1 side of the points and it wont start its really weird cause if the distrubiter cap is on it wont try to start but if i set the cap on the block it will try to start and back fire. i read some were automatics were only duel point and manuels were single point is that true. anyways please help ive tryed eveything i know and it still wont start please help thank you by. :stupid: <---- what i no about 240z

Automatics have duel points. The second point set is a retard timing set. I forget which set you can disconnect for better performance.

Don't understand have you mean about putting the distributor cap on the "block". If you mean engine block I can't see how the engine would start without spark going to the plugs.