IGNORED

Rb25det-z

toletero

No Im using MegaSquirt for ignition too is call MegaSquirt'n EDIS , check it out

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/index.html

Here you can use any option for spark , I used EDIS from Ford is very simple , the wiring is the pain in the arse , but it works perfect . Just read and let me know what you think . I am here for any help if you need to .

Peace ..

• 1 month later...

Yes I did them my sealf , But if you want to use ones from another car you would have get the motor & tranny mounts from Z31 200 , in japan the Z31 , known here in the US as the 300zx , this car in japan came with a RB20DET , the RB20DET and the RB25DET are the same engine only different displacement , only to get them is not easy . Good Luck ..

• 3 months later...

Well first because you can tune the car for how ever u want , and remenber you can have several seting in the ecu , you can have a save file for low boost and one for high boost , that you cant get with the stock ecu , and one the thing that I like must is the cost of the parts ,to give an example , my crank/cam sensor went bad and to get one original cost around $400 or 350 from a 300zxtt , now with the MegaSquirt crank sensor it's only $25 see the different. I dont know but it matter to me .... What do you think ?

Well first because you can tune the car for how ever u want , and remenber you can have several seting in the ecu , you can have a save file for low boost and one for high boost , that you cant get with the stock ecu , and one the thing that I like must is the cost of the parts ,to give an example , my crank/cam sensor went bad and to get one original cost around $400 or 350 from a 300zxtt , now with the MegaSquirt crank sensor it's only $25 see the different. I dont know but it matter to me .... What do you think ?

You actually can do all that with the stock ECU, BUT it's not going to be as user friendly as the mega squirt and you need the right gear to do the job. What you'd do is use a RB20 ECU as it's easily programable, where as the 25 ECU isn't. You then use the stock RB25 maps (readily available) and you'd have it up and running very nicely straight away, still have perfect cold start, economy, closed loop etc without having to do any tuning. There's a few really good things with the stock ECU too, eg if it detects pinging it will drop back to the low octane ign and fuel maps, which we'll usually set to mimic the high octane maps, but with about 3 deg ign timing pulled out. Works a charm. There's a million other things the stock ECU will do that most aftermarket units can't.

It isn't too hard to run multiple tunes on the one chip either. On the mates old RB20 powered skyline we had four different setups. We've been using this system on another mates modified RB20 powered R32 skyline now for sometime, tuned only by us (using a WB O2 sensor). The RB20 ECU has no trouble controling the 550cc injectors, using the Z32 AFM, big turbo etc etc and spat out 225rwkw on 17psi. It's now reliably running 22psi or so. Don't see too many turning that sorta power on a factory ecu do ya! :)

But yeah, at the end of the day, that's useless if you don't have access to the gear needed to do it, and don't know someone that understands the software. It wouldn't have your advatage of being able to use cheaper parts either.

I say good on ya for having a crack at it yourself! There's a lot of people over here in australia using the megasquirt and love it. It's certainly a good feeling when you get it all working right, isn't it!