IGNORED

wow-just listed

zhead240

The trouble with getting But's car, is actually getting it! I saw it last night, and I did NOT leave the stain on the seat! Don't blame me! I think it's from all that crazy e-mail you have been posting, Burt, if you are reading this.

You guys are comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. Burt supposedly DID get a valid offer in the 30s range. He should have closed the deal. He also (supposedly) got a valid offer in the mid 20s and he should have closed that deal too, in my opinion. Am I mistaken, but is this eBay red car the same one that was in Colorado about a year ago? Remember that one was in the $25,000 range? Does anyone have old eBay pics of any of the Vintage Z auctions they want to send me?

Congratulations to whomever bought it! Is that you, Jay?

This might be a good time for Burt to put his car back on the auction block. The recent WSJ article and this ebay sale might provide some much needed momentum for Burt to finally sell his car at the price he’s willing to let it go for.

In fact, maybe the same bidder that just lost out to this red ’71 may want Burt’s silver ’71. :classic:

I wish I knew what came of this car that was on ebay a couple of years ago. I think it had 14,000 original miles, original paint, wheels/hubcaps and even still had the original "OK" sticker on the passenger side quarter window. Back then it went to about $12,000 with the reserve not met. :love:

post-2033-14150794668071_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

26thZ,

Yes, you are correct this is the car that was on eBay and located in Colorado a year ago. It was at Peak Nissan, in the Southwest Suburban area of Denver. I have attached a picture of the car, along with pics of the documentation & serial number plate when Peak Nissan was trying to sell it on their showroom floor. My son and I saw the car in person and it was very impressive. I realize that you have started an entire new thread on the "Restoration Program" and I think that the work you have done on it is outstanding! You certainly are off to a terrific start! I thought that I would provide these pictures (and I have more of this Z). This car certainly has made the rounds lately, from Florida to Colorado then back east again to New Jersey, then to wherever the eBayer lives who just bought it (and that doesn't even take into consideration where it had been before it was sold at the dealership in Florida). Peak Nissan was trying to sell it at the dealership for $33k, but the sales manager told me that they would take $29k. If anything, it sure brought a lot of people into the showroom and I think they sold a lot of other Nissans (including some new 350Zs) as a result of it being there. Good luck to you on your Restoration Program and your restoration of #27. My son and I have 2 restorations in progress as well, and will be keeping a close look at your Restoration Program as it progresses

Steve

post-6600-14150794908464_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150794908795_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150794908888_thumb.jpg