IGNORED

2005 Nissan Datsun Nationals Goulburn NSW

g260

Tomorrow morning, early, we are off on the 1200 km drive to Goulburn and the Nationals via the New England Highway :) Car is chock a block full, mainly with four R tyred wheels and I'm a bit nervous, an over active imagination at work not helped by a last minute coolant leak, hope its fixed, but really looking forward to the weekend.

To all the others soon to be on their way, have a safe and enjoyable drive :cheeky:

Well the 2005 Zed Nationals have now been and gone, but not forgotten.

The guys from the Sydney Zed Club organized a fantastic weekend.

The concourse had a great setting in Goulburn and the turn out of Zeds was great to see with a big turn out of very well presented 240's.

The track day was also extremely well organized and a great fun day, even though oil surge braking in to turn two cost me a big end or two, and a Tilt tray to take my Zed home early.

Thanks too the Queensland club guys that made me feel at home at the presentation dinner, thanks very much.

Steven

Hey Steven sorry I missed meeting you saw your car around and video'd it at the track. I also took some photos of the event so those interested can view them here http://viczcar.com/v-web/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15&page=1

I had my own troubles with the electronic module on the ZX dizzy. It decided to stop working and i eventually managed to get the car running again and back home. Long story and the main reason my car wasn't there for show and shine although it was at the Hotel car park just 2 seconds down the road from the park where the show was.

Oh well all that behind me I had a great time the show shine track day and dinner was great.

Oh and Brett I was looking for you but couldn't see you anywhere mate again saw your car and filmed you on the track too.

Good to meet Jim and Geoff though.

The Sydney club deserve a big pat on the back for what they accomplished, a very well presented, organised and conducted event. Well done fellas :)

Happy to have you Steven, just hope that the crank is OK.

Richard,

Thanks for the compliment. We tried to ensure that everyone had an enjoyable and fun weekend. Unfortunately, with all the running around I didn't get a chance to speak to many people or look at their cars. 2007 will be better as I can just go to Victoria and enjoy the event.

I am waiting for the times from Wakefield and as soon as I get them I will post them up. Everyone who had a run on the day will get an overall time sheet as well as a full list of their individual runs. The fastest car on the day was a very trick 300ZX from Unique Auto Sports, which was in the 1.09's

I hope your engine is back together soon Steve.

Good to meet you Gav, keep up the good work with the VicZ Car site.

Regards,

Geoff

Oh and Brett I was looking for you but couldn't see you anywhere mate again saw your car and filmed you on the track too.

Good to meet Jim and Geoff though.

Hey Gav,

I made it down to the show and shine but didnt make it to the race day ( i was in the country for only 6 days and saturday night got a little out of hand :stupid: )

i had my brother and my dad run my car for me and they did a pretty good job considering they had never driven it in anger before.