IGNORED

Winter "05 Sport Z Magazine Highlights 35 Years of Z

SportZMagazine

I just don't get it. Is there another magazine out there catering to the S30 that I am not aware of? Kind of cutting off your face to spite your nose, aren't you there, 240ZX? I subscribe to a couple other "specialty" car magazines and I NEVER hear complaints from the guys with older models. You go SportZ magazine!

Chris, it's obvious that you don't get it! Maybe I forgot to ask you for permission to post my opinion? Just because I tend not to agree with your point of view or others here in the flock, does that mean I'm the bad guy or something? If I remember correctly we all have the right to express our selves! Wouldn't life be a bore if everyone thought and did what Mr. Wensel does? I'm sorry if I put a ripple in your pond Chris, but those just happen to be my thoughts about Sport Z magazine.

It's actually ok if someone doesn't renew their subscription. We understand that we can't be everything for everyone.

My post was to show that the magazine is not as slanted towards one generation to the other except in advertising as some people might claim.

I'm courious 240ZX, who told you we were an early generation Z magazine. I always thought that we have marketed ourselves as an all Z magazine. it would be foolish for us to market it any other way since the early generation Z is no longer in production hense the reason there are no more than a handful of aftermarket parts companies. Most people looking for parts opt for the junkyards and sad to say one day that watering hole will dry up and the early Z will become more extinct as the years go by. Good luck to anyone that lives in the rustbelt.

I find no harm in anyones opinion either good or bad because it will only help to make us better. I think 240ZX made an interesting comment about 26th-Z when he said 26th-Z is part of the flock, when it is actually the other way around. More people on Z sites don't subscribe than do. We understand the broad range of people on the net and that not everyone is going to be a hardcore Z fan (and before anyone takes this the wrong way, let me explain that my definition of a HCZN is someone that can't get enough of it and is always searching for magazines, books, models, cars, videos, stickers, t-shirts, hats, carshows, z conventions, Z clubs and the list goes on). That is why I'm thankful that not every home has a computer but that some of those homes have Z's.

If you look at the larger picture, a magazine like ours could help to create a larger and more competitive aftermarket parts industry. The more subscribers we have the more manufactuers take notice and some might think about expanding into it to some degree creating a more competitive market which in turn could push prices for parts down. I have talked to quite a few people that would love to expand or startup a business but aren't ready yet or don't feel there is a big enough market to make it worth it (this is where subscription base numbers come in).

The internet is good for a lot of things but there is a reason why magazines still thrive today and companies are still willing to pay for advertising. Bottom line:they move products.

Art, I believe that person would be you........maybe I was so looking forward to a mag that was dedicated to early Zs that I read too much into what you told me at the time. Plus who wouldn't want a copy of a magazine that had placed a picture of your pride and joy on it's pages. Please don't get me wrong about your publication...you folks are doing a commenable job and there is alot of good stuff presented, it's just not my cup of tea! However, there are obviously more people who think differently than I, and I respect that. I do however pick up and look through your latest issue when I'm in the book store, just to see if there is something of interest for me to purchase a copy. Good luck Art.