IGNORED

Old emblems, new paint

kenz240z

• 9 months later...

I have a Z car that was recently repainted and all emblems were removed and the holes were filled. I have purchased all new emblems and want to get them put on. Any advice on how to locate, measure, and drill the holes to put them on? I see some people referencing glue or double sided tape to apply but that doesn't seem right.

Thanks......

Ken,

Yes, that is a good way to restore the old emblems without having to buy new ones. My teenage son has been using the same process for quite some time now. Ken, I think my son and I ran into you at Erie Auto Parts about a year and a half ago or so, you were checking out the blue '73 240Z on the Northwest side of the junkyard and you told us about Blake's, Speedway and T&D's.

Hi Ken!

Your Z certainly has come a long way (I checked out your gallery) since my son and I saw it parked in front of Erie Auto Parts' office shortly after we spoke to you that day! The paint on our '71 (Orange 918) was just finished on Halloween (appropriate day for the color). We found a great body & paint guy that is a perfectionist! We hope to have the interior finished by the end of next month when my son is on Christmas break. Our first Z (the '72) should have the paint done by the end of January.