IGNORED

27th z!!!

zhead240

John,

Try calling Hayes and see if he can help you out http://wirewheel.com/ I know some guys on this coast who deal with him quite a bit.

At my pace and cash flow rate, I suspect it will take me three or four years to restore the car - probably longer. There are guys on this site who have much more time in their cars. August 23 marks one year for 26. In the last year, I have set up the shop (Tricky Garage), stripped the car, rebuilt the engine, and accumulated a ton of parts.

Yea, Carl, it ain't like the good ol days. Everyone is so old!!!!

A snake skin on the console!!! Be careful Chris, the owner of that skin just might still be residing in the car ROFL I received your e-mail about the "Welcoming Party" for the Princess but Scott's on call this weekend so I don't think we'll make it. I'm gonna try and convince him to go though. Jim Peters said the party was from noon to 1 pm...only an hour? Again congrats on the new addition!

Vicky

I just loaded a bunch of pictures into my gallery; 27th-Z. I spent Saturday morning vacuming the car - completely. The snake skin and the mouse nest are gone now. Story of my life, as soon as I got the car cleaned up it rained. Oh well, what's a little more water going to do? The pictures could be better, but you will get proper impression.

Cleaning out an old car is fun isn't it? You find all kinds of things. This was in the glove box.

The car goes immediately to dry storage and I'm moving on with the restoration of 26. There is really no point in doing anything right away. The car is a mess. There is a ton of work to do. A lot of penetrating oil needs to be applied to everything, or I'm going to play hell trying to get it apart. It is protected, now. Saved. Wish me luck. Some day, I'll show up at an event with both of them all pretty and restored.

post-4148-14150794196864_thumb.jpg

Having looked over the pics of 27 you've posted to the gallery, I see there are a few where you've noted the pic as being doctored.. (photoshopped)...

Care to mention a side by side of how those areas were represented by the seller vs. actual condition?

I think everyone, not just me, expects that what they get in a sight-unseen transaction is a bit worse than represented... I'm just curious the extent it goes especially when purchasing what is expected to be a beat up and put-away-wet 30+ yo car...

Thoughts...