IGNORED

want to put 240z bumpers on 280z

1wildzer

I think the 280 looks great with the 240 bumpers! The only thing that I would change are the front turn signals...I think the signals mounted high on the grill look funny with the much smaller 240 bumpers. I wonder how difficult it would be to install a 240 grill and lower valances (with the 240 turnsignals). Has anyone ever done this before? I have attached the pics from the link that Hypertek posted.

post-6600-14150795850065_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150795850203_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150795850628_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150795850758_thumb.jpg

I don't think it would be very hard, as a matter of fact, I think it would be a very cool project. The only think I see being a problem is the fact that the 280z's radiator support is larger, and hangs lower than the 240z's.

The main problem I see is that the 280z's front valence hangs so low that the gaping opening looks funny with the small bumpers. A cow catcher-type airdam has a smaller opening than the stock valence, which helps it look much better IMO.

Also I think the "buck-tooth" look of the 280z turn signals can be easily remedied by simply getting them smoked at a local body shop. 3 coats is perfect.

Check my gallery for pics of my smoked lenses.

• 14 years later...
1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Who are you?

From Hybrids: At least he introduced himself there. 

Hello Z enthusiasts,

My name is Brian Joseph, owner of BHJ Automotive, many of you may not of heard of us but some of you have. We specialize in custom Asian auto parts starting with the Datsun Z. Currently we are the primary seller of Retro-Spec products, we can guarantee all Retro-Spec products with a 4-6 week lead time, and we also hold some of their products in stock having a 2-3 day lead time before shipment. We sell other brands as well and are looking to design and manufacturer our own parts for all Z generations.

If you are interested in our brand or have any questions feel free to visit our site www.bhjautomotive.com or contact us at sales@bhjautomotive.com, thank you for taking a look at our thread, we hope to hear from you all soon!

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Who are you?

Hello,

I apologize for not introducing myself on this post. My name is Brian, owner of BHJ Automotive. We specialize in aftermarket auto parts for the Asian market. As mentioned above we are a vendor for RetroSpec but now only sell out of our own stock. So any retro spec parts that say in stock ship within 3 days. 

I hope this clears things up, I’d be happy to answer any other questions and get to know more of the community on here. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, BHJautomotive said:

Hello,

what dosent add up? I’d be glad to clear anything up.

thanks!

I was responding to yarb"s post.  Not yours.  He posted for no apparent reason.  Maybe you're on a phone, but it shows in the thread, I quoted his post.

Good luck with BHJ.  Interesting stuff.  Ideally, you'd post in the Vendor's area or the Aftermarket sub-forum.

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/forum/93-vendor-marketplace/

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/forum/49-aftermarket/

5 minutes ago, Yarb said:

I think what’s happening is your self promoting your business. I think their are better avenues to take such as a corporate sponsorship supporting this forum.

Sorry about that,

I did not mean to come off that way, thank you for the tip

• Like 1