IGNORED

Factory restored Z

v12horse

Wow, that drivers door gap is pretty bad. I don't recall the Z comming from the factory with the slots. I believe the wheels and tires are add-ons, but I may be wrong. My FR 1972 240Z has hub caps and Toyos. I heard they only did maybe one or two automatics. My Z came with the original warranty offered by Datsun in 1972. Odometers where NOT turned back FYI.

Vicky

In a brief look at the auction I noticed that this 1971 240Z is claimed to have "intermittant wipers".

I wonder if that is true? If so, it would lead one to suspect that Nissan used a 1973 wiring harness in the "resto" of this car, since the intermittant wipers were not available until the 1973 model cars.

Also, no luggage straps in the back. What's up with that!?

I always thought I noticed the details, but you guys sieze to amaze me. You are correct Vicky, the Z never came from the factory with mag wheels. They came with Steel wheels and wheel trims like your car, with either Toyo or Bridgestone tires. I don't think the door gap is factory.:stupid:

Man, you guys are picky! The wheels are exactly like mine - dealer add-on spun aluminum "slots" - period correct. Too bad about the caps, though. I was under the impression that the program did only one A/T until I saw this car. I would imagine it will go pricey after last week's $30,000 dry run. Evidently, there are people out there buying unique examples.

the restoration program story. My reason: That carpet is not the original style carpet used in the Datsun Restoration Program. or else it would have the holes and serge-bounding for the luggage straps. I believe Classic Datsun out San Diego was one company Nissan used to restore and they supply the original 240 carpet. This carpet looks like a simpel carpet kit from MSA. my 2 cents.

Nick